7 Ways to Make Your Mandatory Training More Exciting!
You can incorporate many ideas and concepts into your mandatory training to make it a little less stressful. Here are 7 ways to add excitement to your online training course:
- Create a Dynamic Framework Create a framework that allows content to easily evolve and develop over time rather than repeating the same content each year. When employees see the same information over and over again, they can get lost in the course and not pay attention to what really matters. A dynamic framework makes it easy to update e-Learning content, saving time and improving the learners’ experience. One great tool to use for developing a flexible framework is Lectora Inspire. The Design Wizard helps you jump-start course creation with customizable templates and themes, creating a dynamic framework for your course.
- Condense Your ContentThe time it takes to finish a mandatory training course can be overwhelming. Create a curriculum that takes your employees 2 hours or less to complete. Shorter training courses can help keep learners engaged and focused and lead to higher testing scores.
- Focus on the EmployeesCreate questions with content tailored to your employees’ roles and responsibilities within your organization. This will help improve the effectiveness of the course and the ability of your employees to relate to the material. A tailored training approach fosters a learning environment with a greater testing success rate.
- Add Interactivity and Engagement Develop a course that delivers the necessary training in a fun way. Create interactivity in your e-Learning course by incorporating games, characters or videos. The choice is yours, as long as the interaction is relevant and complimentary to the content being presented.
- Give Your Employees OptionsYour employees may already know a lot of the information they are being tested on and may not need to go through each topic of the course in its entirety. One way to move these employees through the course quickly is with an initial question and answer pretest. Ask your learners one to three questions at the beginning of each section. If they answer correctly, they receive full credit for that topic and immediately move on to the next section. If they answer incorrectly, they are presented with additional information and then attempt the questions again.
- Add an IncentiveEmployees will be more excited about completing training if they are rewarded. Incorporate badges or certificates at the end of your course, confirming a job well done. Based on your organization’s policies, maybe even make it a competition and give a prize to the top-scoring employee.
- Re-evaluateIt’s important to re-evaluate the audience being tested for each course. Confirm that each course’s content is as personalized and role-specific as possible. This can help your learners stay engaged and improve their overall learning experience.
These are just a few ways you can make your annual training less stressful and more exciting. If you are looking for new ideas to help you spice up your training, Lectora University has TONS of awesome resources that can help you get started!