Instructional Design Specialist job at Given Imaging Inc.
This role will be responsible for designing, developing and executing educational curricula and programs to provide healthcare professionals with timely updates on specific disease states, diagnostic algorithms, tests and treatments to assist them in achieving optimal patient outcomes. You will research and recommend learning modalities and techniques that maximize course participation, user engagement and recognition of Given Imaging as a go-to resource for timely information presented in a professional manner. As well as identify and implement evaluative measures that provide valuable feedback and have a meaningful impact on future program trends and topics. The essential duties and responsibilities of the position include the following:
Must be able to:
- Learn quickly and subsequently structure content so that others can learn the same information easily.
- Communicate effectively in visual, oral and written form.
- Apply current research and theory to the practice of instructional design.
- Update and improve one’s knowledge, skills and attitudes pertaining to instructional design and related fields.
- Apply fundamental research skills to instructional design projects.
- Pursue timely Project Requirements Specification (PRS) review and approval of new programs
Planning and Analysis
Must be able to:
- Conduct a needs assessment.
- Design a productive curriculum or program.
- Select and use a variety of techniques for determining instructional content.
- Identify and describe target population characteristics.
- Analyze the characteristics of the environment.
- Analyze the characteristics of existing and emerging technologies and their use in an instructional environment.
- Reflect upon the elements of a situation before finalizing design solutions and strategies.
- Ensure that all proposed educational programs adhere to government and corporate policies.
- Operate effectively within technological, budgetary, time and human resource constraints.
Design and Development
Must be able to:
- Extract information from subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Select, modify, and create a design and development model appropriate for a given project.
- Select and use a variety of techniques to define and sequence the instructional content and strategies.
- Select, modify or develop instructional materials.
- Engage learners with creative writing, layout, imagery, thematic elements, activity and feedback.
- Design instruction that reflects an understanding of the diversity of learners and groups of learners.
- Evaluate and assess instruction and its impact.
Implementation and Management
Must be able to:
- Plan and manage instructional design projects.
- Promote collaboration, partnerships and relationships among the participants in a design project.
- Apply business skills to managing instructional design.
- Design instructional management systems.
- Provide for the effective implementation of instructional products and programs.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities may include the following:
- Facilitation of professional education courses for physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals.
- Preparation of program schedules, presentations and other materials for program faculty members.
- Assistance with course logistics such as course faculty and venue selection, equipment & material requirements, etc.
- Attendance at annual medical meetings, conferences and corporate events to expand overall knowledge and ensure the incorporation of new clinical data or product information into professional education programs.
- Assistance with presentations, workshops or exhibits at annual medical meetings and conferences.
- Identification and preparation of new faculty members for professional education initiatives.
- Preparation and submission of monthly reports that assist in communicating the activities and outcomes of professional education initiatives.
The successful candidate must possess and display the following skills and personal attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years’ experience in Instructional Design required
- Prior experience in pharmaceutical, medical device, diagnostics or a related healthcare field is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication and with individuals of all levels in business
- Must be well organized and capable of being flexible in a rapidly evolving environment
- Microsoft Office including PowerPoint 2010 and demonstrated expertise in instructional design and other e-learning tools such as Articulate, Adobe Captivate, Lectora, etc., is required
- Moderate travel to educational events and other meetings (including some weekends) is required to successfully fulfill the duties and responsibilities listed above
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer our employees a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. These include Health (medical, dental, vision and prescription drugs) and Life and Disability insurances, a 401(k) plan, Employee Assistance Program and more.
To apply please visit our eRecruitment website at: https://portal.givenimaging.com/eRecruitment/index.html?region=02
All replies will be held in confidence.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted by Kim R. Elmore | Director, Human Resources
Given Imaging, Inc., Duluth, Georgia, U.S.A.
Founder, eLearning Industry
The eLearning Industry runs the following sites:
► The eLearning Industry (http://www.elearningindustry.com) “The Leading Source for Professionals Involved in the eLearning Industry” (November 2012)
► Viva eLearning (http://vivaelearning.com) “Free Video Tutorials for eLearning Professionals” (December 2012)
► eLearning Feeds (http://elearningfeeds.com/) “The most recent article from the BEST eLearning Blogs and eLearning sites” (March 2013)
► eLearning Jobs (http://elearningjobs.com/) “The Leading Source for eLearning Jobs” (May 2013)
► eLearning Ask (http://elearningask.com/) "An eLearning Questions and eLearning Answers discussions portal" (May 2013)
Currently, the eLearning Industry has a network of more than 75,000 professionals involved in the eLearning Industry.
He is also the Founder and Owner of the Instructional Design and eLearning Professionals’ Group (46K+) (http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=110953), which is the largest online community of professionals involved in the eLearning Industry at LinkedIn.
Christopher holds an MBA, and an M.Ed. (Learning Design) from BGSU and currently works as project manager at http://www.learn-e-pedia.gr S.A. (Antenna Group of Companies), which is the largest interactive learning platform from Greek-speaking students and learners across the Globe.Website: www.elearningindustry.com