Instructional Designer position at American Society for Clinical Pathology
Summary: Provide instructional design skills in all activities related to the development of new product lines and services. Employ systematic strategies to implement new product lines and services using best practices in curriculum development, technology, and adult learning theory. Provide oversight for project teams by providing design, development, and deployment of new products and services. Facilitate/conduct volunteer meetings as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises project teams
- Provides project planning documents
- Conducts project meetings
- Guides project from kickoff to completion
- Conducts project debrief sessions documenting best practices
- Develops process to ensure the quality and effectiveness of new products
- Develops new product business plans
- Conducts needs assessment activities
- Evaluates vendors and negotiates contracts
- Manages alpha, beta and acceptance testing of new products and services.
- Works closely with IT and Marketing department to ensure new product solutions meets the needs of the target audiences
- Develops SOPs for new product related design, development and deployment.
- Facilitates a smooth handoff between design, IT, marketing, and the CPD curriculum teams.
- In concert with Director, conducts periodic budget assessment to ascertain financial performance against objectives, analyzing variance and initiates corrective actions
- Monitors expenses and revenues in order to meet and/or exceed budgetary goals
- Collaborates with volunteer and staff leadership to design, develop, evaluate and enhance innovative learning solutions.
- Researches and develops new technology-based products. Works with committees, vendors, and staff to craft business plans for implementation.
- Participates in cross-functional teams to move ASCP organizational initiatives forward.
- Assumes additional duties as assigned that contribute to the organization/division’s strategic goals.
Compliance and Professional Development
- Ensures compliance with applicable ACCME, MOC, and BOC guidelines for continuing education and certification requirements.
- Applies ASCP customer service guiding principles when interacting with ASCP volunteers, customers, vendors, and staff. Collaborates with other ASCP departments to manage customer support activities for online, offline and products and services.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge. Develops and monitors learning plan.
- Assumes additional duties as assigned that contribute to the organizations/divisions strategic goals.
- Educational Background-Bachelors degree in Instructional Design or other relevant field. Masters degree in adult education, business administration, or instructional technology is preferred. Expertise in medical and/or laboratory education/adult education/CE activities a plus.
- Coursework or work experience in laboratory sciences, biology, or other relevant scientific fields desired.
- Experience- Project management experience of 5+ years. Experience working in a professional association environment with volunteer committees preferred.
- Skills Necessary-Committee and/or project management and group facilitation skills. Well-developed time management, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills. Experience in strategic planning and marketing. Willingness to learn.
- Team Skills-Demonstrated interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills. Strong oral and written communication skills. Must be flexible, a quick thinker, and self-directed.
- Job Conditions-Normal office environment. Interaction with vice presidents, directors, managers and employees of most departments/divisions of the Society. Occasional travel.
Apply to this URL: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=1613011
- instructional design skills
- Instructional Designer position at Downtown Chicago
- Instructional Designer position at American Soc for Clinical Pathology
- elearning industry jobs
- elearning jobs
- instructional design jobs
- BOC guidelines
- ASCP volunteers
- Educational Background in Instructional Design
- Masters degree in adult education
- work experience in laboratory sciences
- Project management experience of 5+ years
- conflict resolution skills
- Experience in strategic planning
Christopher Pappas is founder of The eLearning Industry's Network. Currently, the eLearning Industry has a network of more than 75,000 professionals involved in the eLearning Industry and runs the following sites:
► The eLearning Industry 150+ eLearning Bloggers
“The Leading source on All Things eLearning. Find 1st and publish all the latest trends, articles and news.”
► eLearning Feeds 170+ Top eLearning Blogs
“e-Learning Feeds ranks and scores hundreds of Top e-Learning blogs, while helping e-Learning oriented readers to answer the question "What’s happening in the e-Learning industry" on a daily basis based on the Top e-Learning Blogs.”
► eLearning Weekly 5,600+ Subscribers
“A Free eLearning Weekly Newsletter round-up of eLearning news and articles. Get the Best eLearning News and Articles in your inbox every Tuesday, spam free!”
► eLearning Tags 1,900+ eLearning Submissions – 9,000+ eLearning Members
"The 1st eLearning Social Bookmarking Site!"
► eLearning Infographics
“The No.1 Source for the Best Education Infographics”
► Viva eLearning 1,000+ Free Video Tutorials – 2,500+ eLearning Professionals
“Free Video Tutorials for eLearning Professionals”
► eLearning Jobs
“The Leading Source for eLearning Jobs. Submit an eLearning Position for Free, add your eLearning Resume for Free”
He is also the Founder and Owner of the Instructional Design and eLearning Professionals’ Group (64K+) (http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=110953), which is the largest online community of professionals involved in the eLearning Industry at LinkedIn.
Christopher holds an MBA, and an M.Ed. (Learning Design) from BGSU.
If I can be valuable to you do not hesitate to contact me!Website: www.elearningindustry.com