Instructional Designer position at Kelly Services
Including blended curriculum, Virtual Instructor-Led (V-ILT) and web-based courses that are measurable and aligned with Company strategy. This position will have responsibility for:
- Developing solutions that are innovative, concise, and learner-centered.
- Managing multiple projects with competing priorities and quick deadlines.
- Engaging in consultative conversations with individuals at various levels in the Organization.
Course maintenance and edits to existing training solutions and associated materials.This is a virtual opportunity.
The two key requirements on which we are focusing:
- eLearning/Web based design from start to finish…. technical designer of online courses for adult education
- SCORM compliance knowledge
Responsibilities Include:Defining the Training Solution:
- Consulting with internal customers who request training programs to determine if they meet the criteria for training program (or curriculum)
- Conduct effective needs analysis sessions to determine exact training solution (this includes learners’ entering behaviors, skill/performance gap, and expected learning outcomes or learning objectives)
- Utilizing the Behavior Matrix to identify training gaps that will be resolved with new curriculum
- Determining, in partnership with the customer, measures of success (levels 1-3 at minimum, or if needed)
Designing and Developing Training Solutions (V-ILT, eLearning or Job Aid/Huddle):
- Following Kelly’s ISD process throughout development of all formal training solutions, including:
- Completing Training Proposals, Design Documents and storyboards (as required by the project)
- Conduct SME/Stakeholder reviews throughout the process to ensure correct messaging, and to solicit final approval.
- Publishing course content via the Learning Management System
- Determining success measures, mastery exam questions, and/or any other applicable business related measurements
- Ensuring that all course content (and associated materials) are updated on a regular basis. This could entail:
- Conducting SME (subject matter expert) reviews of existing content, or
- A complete re-write of course content and materials
- Ensuring that the most recent materials are available in Sharepoint for facilitators, as well as anyone else who may need them
- Updating project progress in the Global Learning pipeline.
Working collaboratively and in partnership with others in Global Learning (i.e. Trainers, Liaisons, and Technology Analyst) when updating courses or associated content to ensure corrections/changes are thoroughly communicated and impacts understood.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience)
- Training and Development, Adult Education, Instructional Design (preferably or commiserate experience in a Corporate Learning & Development environment)
- 5+ years of experience designing eLearning solutions
- Specific experience in a corporate professional Learning & Development organization preferred
Technical (Hard) Skills
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Word and PowerPoint skills
- Above average MS Excel skills
- Understanding of instructional design or adult learning principles is required
- Experience with eLearning tools, such as Articulate, Captivate, Atlantic Link and/or any other rapid authoring tools is required
Non-technical (Soft) Skills
- Adept technical skills; the ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Strong consultative skills in negotiating projects with clients and peers
- The ability to interface and facilitate discussions effectively with all levels of individuals
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- The ability to multitask and meet multiple, competing deadlines
- Exceptional customer service skills and a passion for solid learning solutions that exceed customer expectations
- Passion for training, ongoing learning, staffing, recruitment
- Positive attitude
- Desire to continue to learn, grow, and develop self
Kelly branch experience – an understanding of what happens in the field – is preferred, but not requiredKELLY SERVICESWe are authentic, the industry founder. We believe in relationships, not transactions. We value teamwork, realizing that we are stronger together than as individuals. It has always been about being the best and doing the right thing. We foster an inclusive environment where people are engaged and succeed. We create a world of opportunities for those with varied talents and a drive to excel. When our people succeed, we succeed.
To Apply Please send resume to [email protected]
Posted by Meg FiflisTalent Sourcing Specialist708-415-8700