We are currently recruiting an Instructional Designer to work in the Suffolk/Hampton Roads, VA area. The Instructional Designer will work closely with an Elearning Multimedia Developer to provide both traditional instructional design services and consultation on learning management systems and related processes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific job tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
Design instructionally sound elearning experiences in English to be used in a multinational environment.
- Conduct Training Needs Analysis, where necessary, and establish Target Audience(s) and high level design documents for elearning.
- Coordinate with colleagues, subject matter experts and stakeholders to gather and analyze content.
- Create templates and storyboards for elearning.
- Ensure adequate review and sign-off on courses throughout development.
Assist in the operation and maintenance of an open source, SCORM-based learning management system, including concept development, systems specifications, systems analysis, baseline management, architectural development, test specifications, product evaluations, feasibility analysis, and transition planning.
- Recommend new or improved processes, tools and applications for elearning courseware and the learning management system.
- Ensure compliance with client elearning processes, standards and requirements as well as security policies and procedures.
- Provide technical support to other course providers and learners upon request.
- Conduct training on the products/systems used.
- Administer databases by establishing policies and procedures pertaining to management, security, maintenance and utilization. Determine file organization, indexing method, and security procedures for specific user applications.
Interface with the customer to determine needs and communicate progress.
Attend planning meetings, conferences and workshops.
Manage complex projects within budget and schedule.
Work independently to research and leverage industry, government and academic resources to develop innovative, state-of-the-art educational technology.
7 years in the education & training profession, with 3 or more years working with elearning
Demonstrated skills & experience in:
- developing innovative solutions to complex information technology problems
- working with information technology principles, concepts and techniques
- communicating effectively with customers and clearly presenting technical approaches and findings
- writing, editing and formatting documentation to prescribed standards
- developing SCORM standard elearning
- administering a learning management system
Education & Other Requirements
- MS/MA (or national equivalent) in Education and Training Development or related programs which may include learning theory, educational psychology, instructional design and education evaluation.
- Must hold 1 of the following certifications: Certified Performance Technologist (CPT) or Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) or national equivalent
- Fluency in English (Written and Oral)
- Active NATO SECRET-level security clearance or active SECRET security clearance issued by a national authority
Most work is performed in an office environment. Some work is performed off site at client
locations, site visits, conferences, etc.
US and global travel may be occasionally necessary in this position.
This job description has been designed to provide an overview of the general nature and type of work performed in this role. It is quite likely that additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required to meet specific project and client needs.
TorranceLearning is an Equal Opportunity employer and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, Vietnam-era veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
► eLearning Infographics
“The No.1 Source for the Best Education Infographics”
► eLearning Weekly
“A free eLearning Weekly Newsletter round-up of eLearning news and articles”
► The eLearning Industry
“The Leading e-Learning Portal for professionals involved in the e-Learning Industry. Find first all the latest trends, articles and news.”
► Viva eLearning
“Free Video Tutorials for eLearning Professionals”
► eLearning Feeds
“The most recent article from the BEST eLearning Blogs and eLearning sites”
► eLearning Jobs
“The Leading Source for eLearning Jobs - Free eLearning Job posting”
► eLearning Ask
"An eLearning Questions and eLearning Answers discussions portal"
► eLearning Tags
"An eLearning social bookmarking service where you can discover, share, vote and discuss remarkable eLearning content."
He is also the Founder and Owner of the Instructional Design and eLearning Professionals’ Group (52K+) (http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=110953), which is the largest online community of professionals involved in the eLearning Industry at LinkedIn.
Christopher holds an MBA, and an M.Ed. (Learning Design) from BGSU.
If I can be valuable to you do not hesitate to contact me!Website: www.elearningindustry.com