WMDO is a fast growing and leading international online training company in the Medical Device industry. Our proprietary online platform contains currently over 200 courses with an important production pipeline to be managed. This makes WMDO a unique offer in the industry. While extremely customer oriented with a high focus on quality of our course offer, we are currently looking for a new full-time instructional designer to join our team in Ecublens, Switzerland.
About the position:
The Instructional Designer is responsible & accountable for ensuring all course development activities are delivered in accordance with the objectives set by the Production Manager. Main responsibilities include:
- Designing, producing and maintaining distance learning modules such as courses, resources, reference materials, handouts, and exercises and training materials in various web-based formats;
- Reconciling the technical aspect (web tools) with the quality of the learning content, while remaining sensitive to industry-specific and pedagogical considerations;
- Collaborating with Subject Matter Experts on course development;
- Managing all facets of instructional design projects, from design to delivery into post-production;
- Working closely with Product Management to ensure quality and relevance of raw content and adherence to established procedures;
- Developing and validating eLearning best practices;
- Designing, developing and maintaining instructional curriculums and training materials in various formats.
- Updated Storyboards for review by Project Manager & Subject Matter Experts
- Final media presentation for delivery into post-production
- Best-practices in Online education development & delivery
Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Native English speaker or fluent in English (working language) with excellent English writing and reading skills; knowledge of French or any other major European language would be a plus;
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft productivity tools (MS-Office – PowerPoint, Word, etc…);
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar function (i.e., design, teaching, pedagogy);
- Experience with image editing software (e.g., Gimp, Photoshop, etc…);
- Experience with Learning Management Systems or Content Management Systems (i.e., ability to update web-based content);
- Experience with rapid development solutions (e.g., Articulate Presenter, Adobe Creative Suite 4, etc…);
- Good understanding of the Medical Device industry is a plus;
- Swiss or EU citizen or Swiss work permit holder.
- Ability to understand and deal with complex content and environment;
- Design/artistic skills and interest;
- Pedagogical skills and interest;
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines;
- Team player but with a strong aptitude to act independently;
- High energy, positive outlook;
- Highly organized and self-motivated;
- Ability to combine rigor and flexibility;
- Hands-on and proactive approach.
Resumes can be submitted to:
► eLearning Infographics
“The No.1 Source for the Best Education Infographics”
► eLearning Weekly
“A free eLearning Weekly Newsletter round-up of eLearning news and articles”
► The eLearning Industry
“The Leading e-Learning Portal for professionals involved in the e-Learning Industry. Find first all the latest trends, articles and news.”
► Viva eLearning
“Free Video Tutorials for eLearning Professionals”
► eLearning Feeds
“The most recent article from the BEST eLearning Blogs and eLearning sites”
► eLearning Jobs
“The Leading Source for eLearning Jobs - Free eLearning Job posting”
► eLearning Ask
"An eLearning Questions and eLearning Answers discussions portal"
► eLearning Tags
"An eLearning social bookmarking service where you can discover, share, vote and discuss remarkable eLearning content."
He is also the Founder and Owner of the Instructional Design and eLearning Professionals’ Group (52K+) (http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=110953), which is the largest online community of professionals involved in the eLearning Industry at LinkedIn.
Christopher holds an MBA, and an M.Ed. (Learning Design) from BGSU.
If I can be valuable to you do not hesitate to contact me!Website: www.elearningindustry.com