The Learning Partner is responsible for leading segment-wide performance and development needs analysis and identifying solutions that include performance/process improvements and learning solutions where needed. The learning solutions delivered are aligned with the strategic business objectives of the division and company. The Learning Partner works closely with leadership of assigned business units to develop and execute a comprehensive learning plan. As a senior member of the Learning Solutions staff, the Learning Partner acts as a key contributor in medium to large-scale design/development projects in a complex environment. A Learning Partner may also lead teams or projects, and is responsible for sharing knowledge and mentoring others. The Learning Partner collaborates with internal and external resources as needed to produce on-target learning programs.
35% - Interface with internal resources in the following manner:
- Work with internal customers to identify business issues that can be addressed through learning/performance initiatives or other strategic or organizational design solutions.
- Collaborate with internal resources including but not limited to Talent Management and Corporate Training.
- Work with various project teams to identify their learning requirements, perform needs analysis and manage resources appropriately to achieve desired results.
35% - Interface with Learning Solutions team in the following manner:
- Plan the overall instructional flow of program or courses and sees that content is clearly presented and audience appropriate.
- Identify resources needed and communicate requirement to Learning Solutions management.
- Collaborate with instructional designers and developers to produce work plan and establish timelines.
- Assign individual responsibilities; execute work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Monitor and measure progress; regularly report status to Learning Solutions management and appropriate internal customers.
- Provide leadership in technical, theoretical and practical issues. Partner in team efforts and initiatives.
- As required, acts in an Instructional Design and/or Developer role to deliver learning/performance products.
15% - Develop knowledge of processes, products, business groups and audiences to enable the application of expert judgment to the production of content. Interface with appropriate groups to stay abreast of changes to products or processes. This includes but is not limited to Operations, Sales and Servicing. Share expertise with other Learning Solutions associates.
5% - To stay current, proactively seeks information on industry and learning best practices. Shares knowledge with other Learning Solutions associates.
10%- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess the written, verbal and group communication skills to navigate the organization and identify where and how information can be located.
- Able to communicate effectively across multiple levels of the organization and in all forums.
- Builds relationships and establishes credibility quickly.
- Fast learner and creative problem solver.
- Proven leadership and self-management.
- Ability to design & develop instructional programs.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of adult learning theories and concepts; instructional design theory and methods, various instructional methods and delivery options; measurement and evaluation theory and methods, various software tools used in instructional design and training vendors and resources.
- Collaborates to perform large, complex needs assessments and audience analysis projects requiring multiple data sources and analysis methods.
- Business impact focus, knowledge of business processes.
- Experience in participating in complex problem solving activities.
- Intermediate level of project management and common learning metrics.
- Manages multiple, complex design projects (i.e. cross-departmental) with broad scope (e.g., segment-wide).
- Uses advanced knowledge and experience to select instructional techniques, defines and sequences complex instructional content.
- Conforms to existing standards, contributes to the creation and/or enhancement of standards, and oversees quality of instructional materials and products.
- Has knowledge of several systematic approaches to evaluation. Knows how, what and when to measure.
- Through experience, identifies and sources external vendors to meet business needs.
- Works in a collaborative manner in a multidisciplinary setting.
- Sets individual priorities in context with team priorities to meet goals in the face of multiple demands.
- Applies advanced skills and broad knowledge of the business to address complex problems and non-standard situations.
- Acts as a key contributor in a complex environment.
- May lead teams or projects.
- Shares knowledge and mentors others.
Education, Licensure, Experience:
M.A. in Instructional Design, Instructional Technologies or related field, or equivalent with experience in curriculum development, learning methodologies, training needs analysis and philosophies, training delivery best practices, and/or related certification. Expert proficiency in MS Office. Desirable experience with Lectora, captivate, Articulate, Flash, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, or similar tools. Video production and editing experience a plus.
Experience or Equivalent:
A minimum of 8 years of creating courseware for adult learning for technical and soft skills. Has conducted medium to large-scale needs assessments and audience analysis projects requiring multiple data sources. Has produced and delivered training content and materials for instructor led, eLearning and media driven delivery mechanisms. Experience in banking and/or a regulated business is desired but not required.
Applicants can go directly to Union Bank Careers to apply for the positions, and search for them by using the job number (Learning Partner Position (job number 22812)
Assistant Vice President, Recruiter
Talent Acquisition & Staffing
- Learning Solutions
- Learning Partner Position at Union Bank
- Learning Partner Position at San Diego
- Union Bank Careers
- MA in Instructional Design
- MA in Instructional Technologies
- learning methodologies
- Lectora experience
- captivate experience
- articulate experience
- flash experience
- Dreamweaver experience
- training delivery best practices
- minimum of 8 years of creating courseware for adult learning
- adult learning for technical skills
- learning solutions expert
- Claire Tsan
Founder, eLearning Industry
The eLearning Industry runs the following sites:
► The eLearning Industry (http://www.elearningindustry.com) “The Leading Source for Professionals Involved in the eLearning Industry” (November 2012)
► Viva eLearning (http://vivaelearning.com) “Free Video Tutorials for eLearning Professionals” (December 2012)
► eLearning Feeds (http://elearningfeeds.com/) “The most recent article from the BEST eLearning Blogs and eLearning sites” (March 2013)
► eLearning Jobs (http://elearningjobs.com/) “The Leading Source for eLearning Jobs” (May 2013)
► eLearning Ask (http://elearningask.com/) "An eLearning Questions and eLearning Answers discussions portal" (May 2013)
Currently, the eLearning Industry has a network of more than 75,000 professionals involved in the eLearning Industry.
He is also the Founder and Owner of the Instructional Design and eLearning Professionals’ Group (46K+) (http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=110953), which is the largest online community of professionals involved in the eLearning Industry at LinkedIn.
Christopher holds an MBA, and an M.Ed. (Learning Design) from BGSU and currently works as project manager at http://www.learn-e-pedia.gr S.A. (Antenna Group of Companies), which is the largest interactive learning platform from Greek-speaking students and learners across the Globe.Website: www.elearningindustry.com