Raytheon Technical Services is looking for an Instructional System Design/Developer at Troy, Michigan. The Instructional System Design/Developer II position is responsible for the development of web based and/or instructor-led courseware. The courseware may be designed for many different industries and is delivered via Web, or classroom/virtual classrooms. This position is responsible for insuring that the training materials are technically accurate, communicates effectively, and holds audience attention.
- Minimum of two years of Instructional Systems Developer experience
- Experience in an instructional design or technical writing position producing training materials
- Experience working with large product teams to design, develop, implement, and evaluate service training
- Must possess ability to research for content, gleaning information from technical documentation, engineering personnel, and other technical subject matter experts
- Interaction with many product team members to ensure materials target training requirements and meet all quality control standards
- Some travel to support the development and validation of course materials may be required.
- Knowledge of user interface/visual design concepts
- Excellent software skills in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply the ADDIE model to course development
- Excellent writing skills; (use of language, grammar, spelling, organizing content)
- Accept responsibility for courseware development, timelines, and budget activities, as assigned
- Ability to organize content using creative message design principles
- Minimum of two years of WBT/CBT ISD experience
- Ability to work with a diverse group of professionals, across multiple teams, to ensure project requirements are met.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design; English, or a related field or equivalent experience.
No relocation assistance available for this position
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
► The eLearning Industry (http://www.elearningindustry.com) “The Leading Source for Professionals Involved in the eLearning Industry”
► Viva eLearning (http://vivaelearning.com) “Free Video Tutorials for eLearning Professionals”
► eLearning Feeds (http://elearningfeeds.com/) “The most recent article from the BEST eLearning Blogs and eLearning sites”
► eLearning Jobs (http://elearningjobs.com/) “The Leading Source for eLearning Jobs”
► eLearning Ask (http://elearningask.com/) "An eLearning Questions and eLearning Answers discussions portal"
Currently, the eLearning Industry has a network of more than 75,000 professionals involved in the eLearning Industry.
He is also the Founder and Owner of the Instructional Design and eLearning Professionals’ Group (46K+) (http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=110953), which is the largest online community of professionals involved in the eLearning Industry at LinkedIn.
Christopher holds an MBA, and an M.Ed. (Learning Design) from BGSU and currently works as project manager at http://www.learn-e-pedia.gr S.A. (Antenna Group of Companies), which is the largest interactive learning platform from Greek-speaking students and learners across the Globe.Website: www.elearningindustry.com