Job Description: This Instructional Designer conceptualizes and creates training content for Follett Software products. In this role you will scope, develop and coordinate with internal and external resources to create training materials with multiple delivery options.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts from across the organization to develop and revise training materials using best practices from adult learning theory
- Ensure training development processes align with ANSI/IACET 2-2007 standards.
- Create and execute project plans for training products with all stakeholders.
- Manage the workflow by partnering with multimedia developers and copy editors/proofreaders.
- Coordinate with contract developers as needed to manage training projects.
- Expand, update and maintain knowledge of assigned Follett Software products
In addition you will:
- Explore and identify educational trends, K-12 domain knowledge areas and learning technologies to improve training products.
- Provide "Train the Trainer" sessions as needed on new course offerings.
- Conduct training for contract trainers on new or changed product features.
- Provide appropriate product knowledge insight for trainers.
- Support onsite trainers as needed.
What you bring our successful team:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Proven content development experience
- Experience learning and using software, hardware and networking technologies
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, including writing and editing
- Project management experience preferred
- Aptitude or experience learning and delivering technology-related training
- Demonstrated teamwork skills
City and State will be located based on zip code: McHenry, IL. 60050 (Roughly 45 minutes northwest of Chicago)
► The eLearning Industry (http://www.elearningindustry.com) “The Leading Source for Professionals Involved in the eLearning Industry”
► Viva eLearning (http://vivaelearning.com) “Free Video Tutorials for eLearning Professionals”
► eLearning Feeds (http://elearningfeeds.com/) “The most recent article from the BEST eLearning Blogs and eLearning sites”
► eLearning Jobs (http://elearningjobs.com/) “The Leading Source for eLearning Jobs”
► eLearning Ask (http://elearningask.com/) "An eLearning Questions and eLearning Answers discussions portal"
Currently, the eLearning Industry has a network of more than 75,000 professionals involved in the eLearning Industry.
He is also the Founder and Owner of the Instructional Design and eLearning Professionals’ Group (46K+) (http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=110953), which is the largest online community of professionals involved in the eLearning Industry at LinkedIn.
Christopher holds an MBA, and an M.Ed. (Learning Design) from BGSU and currently works as project manager at http://www.learn-e-pedia.gr S.A. (Antenna Group of Companies), which is the largest interactive learning platform from Greek-speaking students and learners across the Globe.Website: www.elearningindustry.com