Curriculum Developer for Systems Products – Direct Hire with Oracle - IRC1818445 – Santa Clara, CA
The Systems Hardware Curriculum Development team is part of the Systems Product Development organization and is responsible for developing training for the SPARC, X86, Storage, Tape, Networking, Engineered Systems, and Optimized Solutions.
We plan, design, and develop high-quality and timely technical training materials including Instructor Led, Web-based and informal e-learning. We work with Oracle lines of business to deliver those materials effectively so that customers, partners, and Oracle personnel can deploy and use Server Technologies products rapidly and successfully.
This is an excellent opportunity to put your adult learning education and experience into action for developing courseware, and learning enterprise computer technologies. In this job role as a Curriculum Developer, you are responsible for developing courses (Instructor Led, Live Virtual, Web Based, Informal e-learning) on existing and new Systems Hardware products. You will be interacting with technical experts from several Lines of Business (LoBs) such as Engineering, Product Management, Services and Oracle University. You may work either individually or with multiple team members on your projects with an opportunity to lead some projects.
- You must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in e-learning, instructional design, Computer Science or related technology with certification or working experience on Instructional Design.
- Understanding and ability to use the most current e-learning and course development tools
- Project management skills a plus
Hands-on and Technical Experience:
- 2-4 years experience as Curriculum Developer or Trainer and some knowledge of computer hardware, software and operating systems
- Experience with creating training lab environments, installing and configuring hardware and software independently is required.
Technical communication and soft skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for global audience
- Strong inter-personnel communication skills to be able to make great business relationships with people from various areas of the business
- Strong ability to graphically illustrate complex concepts
- Demonstrate a keen sense of organization and attention to detail
- Ability to handle unforeseen difficulties and obstacles with ease
- An excellent team player, able to work on complex projects with a group of other curriculum developers
- Ability to work on tight deadlines and on multiple projects at a short notice
- Ability to work with people in different time zones
- Ability to understand business needs and meet deadlines
- Flexibility, creativity and an eagerness to learn are highly valued for this position
Top 3 skill sets / technologies in the ideal candidate:
- E-learning development tools and experience, including social media in learning, HTML, Flash, Articulate, Captivate, Camtasia, Webex Training
- Adult Learning / Training
- Understanding of Enterprise computer hardware and software
No agencies please.
Founder, eLearning Industry
The eLearning Industry runs the following sites:
► The eLearning Industry (http://www.elearningindustry.com) “The Leading Source for Professionals Involved in the eLearning Industry” (November 2012)
► Viva eLearning (http://vivaelearning.com) “Free Video Tutorials for eLearning Professionals” (December 2012)
► eLearning Feeds (http://elearningfeeds.com/) “The most recent article from the BEST eLearning Blogs and eLearning sites” (March 2013)
► eLearning Jobs (http://elearningjobs.com/) “The Leading Source for eLearning Jobs” (May 2013)
► eLearning Ask (http://elearningask.com/) "An eLearning Questions and eLearning Answers discussions portal" (May 2013)
Currently, the eLearning Industry has a network of more than 75,000 professionals involved in the eLearning Industry.
He is also the Founder and Owner of the Instructional Design and eLearning Professionals’ Group (46K+) (http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=110953), which is the largest online community of professionals involved in the eLearning Industry at LinkedIn.
Christopher holds an MBA, and an M.Ed. (Learning Design) from BGSU and currently works as project manager at http://www.learn-e-pedia.gr S.A. (Antenna Group of Companies), which is the largest interactive learning platform from Greek-speaking students and learners across the Globe.Website: www.elearningindustry.com