Senior Learning Management Systems Support Engineer position!
Due to our client's work with multiple government agencies, this role requires US Citizenship.
This is a fast-paced, growth oriented environment and my client is seeking candidates who are flexible and open to working with any and all cutting-edge technologies. This team chooses the right technology to get the job done without a bias towards any particular discipline. They are seeking a bright engineer that likes to solve challenging problems. They are open to great ideas and will give you the flexibility and freedom to innovate your own solutions and recommend new ideas and technologies.
Daily Responsibilities in this LMS Software Engineer role include:
- Implementing, supporting, and hosting training systems, and systems
- that make training easier.
- Working with systems that manage training content, systems that make
- training more collaborative and social (using tools like SharePoint
- and Drupal), and
- Building utilities that make their jobs and their customers' jobs easier.
Qualifications Required for the Oracel / SQL Software Developer:
- The ideal candidate would have technical experience implementing
- and supporting Plateau/SuccessFactors LMS solutions - or a similar
- enterprise LMS.
- Working with customers in consultative manor.
- Working in a team environment using software version control tools.
- 2-5+ years writing/editing complex SQL database queries,
- procedures and data extraction scripts.
- .Net, JSP, or some sort of scripting language.
- 2-5+ years writing code using web technologies like Java,
- ASP.Net, PHP, open source anything, or something similar.
- Unix/Linux platform experience would be helpful.
- Experience configuring application Servers (JBoss, Weblogic,
- WebSphere, OracleAS) would be helpful.
- Experience configuring web Servers (Apache, IIS) would be
- Publishing courseware using e-learning standards such as SCORM
- and AICC a plus.
Preferred Skills/Qualifications for the Oracle / SQL Software Engineer:
- Level 2 and 3 support - Works with existing products to ensure
- smooth operation and functionality.
- Develops stored procedures, views, and packages to enhance
- software functionality. Our DBMS breakdown is approximately 70%
- Oracle, 20% MSSQL, and 10% MySQL.
- Develops complex SQL to facilitate system updates, data
- imports/exports, ad-hoc reporting, etc.
- Assists in the implementation, customization, and support of
- various off the shelf LMS Systems, which may include Sum Total,
- Plateau, Saba, and Moodle among others.
- Develops customizations to off the shelf LMS systems using
- various web technologies, which may include J2EE, .NET, PHP, open
- source tools, etc.
- Builds system reports using technologies like Crystal, Business
- Objects, and BIRT.
- Builds utilities and other small-medium sized applications using
- any number of technologies.
- Learns the ins and outs of the software our client implements and supports,
- and isn’t afraid to shun the back-end and dig into the front end
- application to figure out a problem.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Information Technology
- elearning industry jobs
- Senior LMS Support Engineer position
- LMS Software Developer position at Elkridge
- Meredith Bowen
- Corporate Brokers
- strong Oracle Development experience
- strong SQL Development experience
- required US Citizenship
- SharePoint experience
- Drupal experience
- technical experience in Plateau
- technical experience in SuccessFactors
- AICC a plus
- Sum Total
Founder, eLearning Industry
The eLearning Industry runs the following sites:
► The eLearning Industry (http://www.elearningindustry.com) “The Leading Source for Professionals Involved in the eLearning Industry” (November 2012)
► Viva eLearning (http://vivaelearning.com) “Free Video Tutorials for eLearning Professionals” (December 2012)
► eLearning Feeds (http://elearningfeeds.com/) “The most recent article from the BEST eLearning Blogs and eLearning sites” (March 2013)
► eLearning Jobs (http://elearningjobs.com/) “The Leading Source for eLearning Jobs” (May 2013)
► eLearning Ask (http://elearningask.com/) "An eLearning Questions and eLearning Answers discussions portal" (May 2013)
Currently, the eLearning Industry has a network of more than 75,000 professionals involved in the eLearning Industry.
He is also the Founder and Owner of the Instructional Design and eLearning Professionals’ Group (46K+) (http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=110953), which is the largest online community of professionals involved in the eLearning Industry at LinkedIn.
Christopher holds an MBA, and an M.Ed. (Learning Design) from BGSU and currently works as project manager at http://www.learn-e-pedia.gr S.A. (Antenna Group of Companies), which is the largest interactive learning platform from Greek-speaking students and learners across the Globe.Website: www.elearningindustry.com