This position is also responsible for the ongoing maintenance of current course content, revisions, and implementations. Additionally, the eLearning Designer and Developer II is responsible for staying current and proactively seeking information on industry trends.
Training Design 30%
Design eLearning courses or products that meet the training needs and requirements of clients and stakeholders. Responsibilities include writing clear learning objectives; designing criterion tests, review tests, and any post-course follow-up or remediation as needed; creating design documents and storyboards to outline the course structure; selecting the appropriate eLearning development tool to create each training course or product.
Training Needs Analysis: 25%
Determine if there is a knowledge or skill gap for assigned business areas. Collaborate with client and subject matter expert. Gather and summarize data to support a need for training as necessary. Determine if the training need is best satisfied with a web-based training solution.
Training Development: 15%
Develop eLearning courses or products that meet the training needs and requirements of clients and stakeholders. Responsibilities include reviewing raw data as delivered by subject matter experts and using the data to build course content and tests based on the agreed upon course design; and coordinating the edit cycle and implementing edits received as necessary. Responsibilities also include preparing the course description and course abstract forms for on-boarding of the course into the Learning Management System (LMS).
Testing Training: 15%
Test and deploy new and revised eLearning courses to the Learning Management System (LMS) by working with the LMS Management Team. Responsibilities include: completing a project plan and getting the approval of the dates in the plan from the LMS Management Team; formatting course to the LMS standards; and acquiring and coordinating the testers for the eLearning courses. Responsibilities also include testing the eLearning courses designed and developed by others on the team.
Edit and provide constructive feedback to other Designer/Developers.
Miscellaneous Duties as Assigned by Management: 5%
Duties may also include serving as a resource to assist others when they have issues using various eLearning software tools.
Education, Experience, Certification, and Licensure:
- 3 or more years of experience in creating SCORM conformant web-based courses.
- 3 or more years of instructional design work experience.
- Working knowledge of adult learning principles (andragogy), course development methodologies (ISD, ADDIE, Mager), and the impact of Kirkpartick's four levels of evaluation on course development.
- Advanced proficiency in industry-standard eLearning development software tools (such as Articulate or Lectora).
- Current detailed knowledge of basic business and banking terminology and concepts.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with management and peers.
- Ability to collaborate with content SMEs.
- Strong creativity and flexibility for the design process.
- Keen sense of urgency.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Ability to manage stress and strict deadlines.
- Strong background in proofreading and editing.
Applicants can go directly to Union Bank Careers to apply for the positions, and search for them by using the job number (eLearning Designer & Developer II Position - job number 22815)
posted by Claire Tsan
Assistant Vice President, Recruiter
Talent Acquisition & Staffing
- Union Bank Careers
- eLEARNING DESIGNER & DEVELOPER II Job Summary
- eLearning Designer position at San Diego
- eLearning Designer & Developer II position at Union Bank
- eLearning Designer & Developer II position at Mercury Court
- Claire Tsan
- 3 or more years of instructional design work experience
- Working knowledge of adult learning principles
- Advanced proficiency in Articulate
- Advanced proficiency in Lectora
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
Founder, eLearning Industry
The eLearning Industry runs the following sites:
► The eLearning Industry (http://www.elearningindustry.com) “The Leading Source for Professionals Involved in the eLearning Industry” (November 2012)
► Viva eLearning (http://vivaelearning.com) “Free Video Tutorials for eLearning Professionals” (December 2012)
► eLearning Feeds (http://elearningfeeds.com/) “The most recent article from the BEST eLearning Blogs and eLearning sites” (March 2013)
► eLearning Jobs (http://elearningjobs.com/) “The Leading Source for eLearning Jobs” (May 2013)
► eLearning Ask (http://elearningask.com/) "An eLearning Questions and eLearning Answers discussions portal" (May 2013)
Currently, the eLearning Industry has a network of more than 75,000 professionals involved in the eLearning Industry.
He is also the Founder and Owner of the Instructional Design and eLearning Professionals’ Group (46K+) (http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=110953), which is the largest online community of professionals involved in the eLearning Industry at LinkedIn.
Christopher holds an MBA, and an M.Ed. (Learning Design) from BGSU and currently works as project manager at http://www.learn-e-pedia.gr S.A. (Antenna Group of Companies), which is the largest interactive learning platform from Greek-speaking students and learners across the Globe.Website: www.elearningindustry.com