Capital Education, located in downtown Chicago, is a dynamic company building the model for higher education partnerships by providing online learning services to privately-held small-to-midsize colleges and universities. CapEd supports our partner institutions throughout every phase of the online program development process, from program assessment to student recruitment and support.
Do you have a passion for higher education and a drive to make a difference?
Capital Education is currently recruiting Instructional Designer candidates for our Chicago office.
Instructional Designers work with partner institution faculty members and subject matter experts in conjunction with internal lead designers, editors, program directors and media personnel to define, design and rapidly build, author, and document specific graduate and undergraduate online course elements, including scenarios, tasks, and deliverables and all other course elements from a high-level definition document and a detailed design document.
- Design and develop engaging courses that meet learning objectives and motivate students
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop and collect materials which support student learning
- Analyze and improve underperforming courses
- Maintain strong collaborative relationships with team members
- Manage multiple projects to strict budgets and deadlines
- 2+ years experience in learning theory, understanding of user-centered design principles and online course development or educational software development
- Interest in working in a variety of content areas
- Knowledge of a learning management system (Blackboard, Moodle, etc.), Adobe CS4, basic HTML and XML
- Bachelors degree in a related field of study (cognitive science, psychology, computer science, education); Masters Degree preferred
- Strong project management, problem solving, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
Learn how CapEd delivers new and powerful higher education options for the way students can be educated by visiting Capital Education’s website at www.capitaleducation.com.
EOE and Drug-Free Workplace
posted by Lynn Zuraski
Senior Manager Office Administration
Capital Education, LLC
Founder, eLearning Industry
The eLearning Industry runs the following sites:
► The eLearning Industry (http://www.elearningindustry.com) “The Leading Source for Professionals Involved in the eLearning Industry” (November 2012)
► Viva eLearning (http://vivaelearning.com) “Free Video Tutorials for eLearning Professionals” (December 2012)
► eLearning Feeds (http://elearningfeeds.com/) “The most recent article from the BEST eLearning Blogs and eLearning sites” (March 2013)
► eLearning Jobs (http://elearningjobs.com/) “The Leading Source for eLearning Jobs” (May 2013)
► eLearning Ask (http://elearningask.com/) "An eLearning Questions and eLearning Answers discussions portal" (May 2013)
Currently, the eLearning Industry has a network of more than 75,000 professionals involved in the eLearning Industry.
He is also the Founder and Owner of the Instructional Design and eLearning Professionals’ Group (46K+) (http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=110953), which is the largest online community of professionals involved in the eLearning Industry at LinkedIn.
Christopher holds an MBA, and an M.Ed. (Learning Design) from BGSU and currently works as project manager at http://www.learn-e-pedia.gr S.A. (Antenna Group of Companies), which is the largest interactive learning platform from Greek-speaking students and learners across the Globe.Website: www.elearningindustry.com