BENEFITS: Excellent fringe benefits including health, vision and dental insurance for entire family (minimal employee contribution), life and salary insurance provided over 12 months for employee (both employee and employer contributions); 11 paid holidays, 24 vacation and 12 sick leave days per full contract year. Participation in a defined contribution retirement plan is mandatory, with both employee and employer contributions. Dependent care assistance program and medical/dental flexible spending accounts are available.
SCHEDULE: 8:00 am -5:00 pm Monday –Friday, with occasional evenings/weekends
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible, following the completion of the selection process.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open until filled. First Review of Applications extended to Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:00 noon. Big Bend Community College reserves the right to offer this position to a qualified candidate at any time, so your prompt response is encouraged.
BIG BEND COMMUNITY COLLEGE IS COMMITTED TO INCREASING ITS CULTURAL DIVERSITY AMONG PROFESSIONAL STAFF. WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE MEMBERS OF PROTECTED GROUPS TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
Big Bend Community College is a small rural community college located in the sunny, central part of Washington State, and is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. Big Bend Community College serves over 5,000 students annually, with an annualized FTE of approximately 2,100, in a 4,600-square-mile service district including 15 communities in Grant and Adams Counties and the Odessa School District in Lincoln County with on-site, distance interactive and online instruction.
The Nursing Program is accredited by the National League of Nursing Accrediting Commission (in 2010) and the Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission. The program capitalizes on the use of modern technology, including utilization of high fidelity simulation. The program serves up to 30 students in each year of the two-year program and maintains a low student to faculty ratio.
This position is part of the instructional team for Big Bend’s “career ladder” healthcare program for those entering the nursing profession. This position is responsible for leading and implementing online and distance instruction in a variety of healthcare areas and situations through lecture, lab and clinical instruction. The program’s “career ladder” includes three levels of certification; the beginning level is a one quarter Nursing Assistant (NA) class; after four quarters of programmatic instruction, students are eligible for the Practical Nursing (PN) certificate; the career ladder culminates at the Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN). The Nursing Program Online Instructional Designer reports to the Dean of Arts and Sciences. This position has a close reporting relationship with the Director of Health Education Programs and the Director of Title V Grants.
Primary responsibilities include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Collaborate with Nursing program faculty and staff to integrate multimedia, streaming content and other technologies into instruction.
- Lead conversion and pilots of Practical Nursing curricula for web-based distance delivery.
- Provide training, design and production assistance to faculty in the development of instructional media for online delivery.
- Collaborate with the Online Student Services Developer to design and deliver faculty and staff training in newly-developed web-based services.
- Assist with data collection and analysis for evaluation and reporting.
- Provide complete and accurate monthly and annual reports to the Activity Coordinator of Title V grants.
- Upon request, perform other special services to insure maximum effectiveness in the development of the Title V Activities.
- Prepare and pilot teach on-campus and on-line lab and clinical instruction in nursing, especially in medical/surgical areas. Teaching assignments are determined by college needs and/or the individual’s background and experience.
- Evaluate and modify curriculum to reflect current standards of nursing practice.
- Maintain or develop competence in current medical and educational technology.
- Maintain current student files and monitor required materials.
- Support faculty and students’ academic success by maintaining regular contact with the Director, Faculty and staff in the Nursing program.
- Utilize computer skills including Internet, various Microsoft Office programs, and information technology resources to enhance learning opportunities.
- Work effectively with colleagues and students of various cultural and socio-economic backgrounds and be a contributing member of the campus community.
- Maintain positive and effective communications with students, faculty, administration and staff.
- Foster a flexible, healthy learning environment with respect for student and staff diversity.
- Demonstrate a commitment to professional growth and development.
- Other related duties as assigned.
At the time of application, all applicants must possess the following:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution.
- A current unrestricted license as a registered nurse in Washington State or be able to attain prior to employment.
- At least two years of full-time equivalent experience as a registered nurse and evidence of current clinical skills in nursing, particularly in medical and surgical areas.
- Previous experience designing curriculum.
- Strong technology skills especially in accessing and utilizing educational technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with students and colleagues.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Master’s degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution.
- Teaching experience within the last three years in a community college or post-secondary setting, preferably at a Hispanic-serving Institution (HSI).
- Experience with implementation of strategies to improve students’ success and retention.
- Experience with learning technologies, distance education and computer applications for instructional purposes.
- Experience in e-learning modes including online delivery and hybrid, and enhancing traditional classes with interactive multimedia presentations and Internet resources.
- Use of innovative teaching methods such as coordinated studies or team teaching or using “active learning” based curriculum.
- Demonstrated ability to get students excited about learning.
- Bilingual fluency, especially in Spanish.
- Demonstrated bicultural experience.
To be considered for this position, all applicants must submit all of the following application materials:
- Completed and signed BBCC employment application form and short summary of applicant's experience and training for each minimum and additional desirable qualification outlined above.
- Professional resume.
- Copies of college transcripts of all collegiate work completed or in progress at time of application (upon contract offer, official transcripts will need to be submitted).
- Copies of all professional licenses.
- Three letters of recommendation or a placement file containing at least three letters of recommendation. All letters must be written within the last year, be signed and dated, and be from a person having firsthand knowledge of the applicant’s professional qualifications. Letters must address how the applicant’s qualifications and experience relate to this position
Incomplete application packets will not be forwarded for consideration by the Screening Committee
Application materials must be picked up, sent from BBCC Human Resources Office by U.S. mail, or downloaded from our web site (*see instructions below). All application materials must be received in the college Human Resources Office. Application materials can be faxed or e-mailed to the Human Resources Office if followed up by the hard copy in the mail. All application materials become the property of BBCC and will not be returned or photocopied.
*The BBCC Employment Application and Information for Federal and State Reporting Purposes Form may be downloaded from the BBCC website www.bigbend.edu. Click on Job Opportunities, click on the Employment Application and then go back and click on Information for Federal and State Reporting Purposes Form.
Applicants selected for an interview will be required to give a short (approximately 10 to15 minutes) skills lab demonstration/presentation illustrating his/her teaching skills using technology, on the topic of hypertension.
Big Bend Community College hires only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States, and, if hired, requires written proof and verification of legal work status.
Big Bend Community College provides a drug free, healthful, safe and secure work environment in compliance with the Federal Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the recruitment process will be accommodated to the extent reasonably possible when the need is identified in advance.
Big Bend Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, religion, physical, mental or sensory disability, veteran status or genetic information in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding employment non-discrimination policies: Kim Garza, Executive Director of Human Resources and Labor/Affirmative Action Officer, Big Bend Community College, Human Resource Office, 7662 Chanute St NE, Moses Lake, WA 98837, 509.793.2008.
Big Bend Community College is a smoke free agency in accordance with state law.
Employment is contingent upon favorable background check.
Human Resource Consultant Assistant 2
Big Bend Community College
7662 Chanute St NE
Moses Lake, WA 98837
Founder, eLearning Industry
The eLearning Industry runs the following sites:
► The eLearning Industry (http://www.elearningindustry.com) “The Leading Source for Professionals Involved in the eLearning Industry” (November 2012)
► Viva eLearning (http://vivaelearning.com) “Free Video Tutorials for eLearning Professionals” (December 2012)
► eLearning Feeds (http://elearningfeeds.com/) “The most recent article from the BEST eLearning Blogs and eLearning sites” (March 2013)
► eLearning Jobs (http://elearningjobs.com/) “The Leading Source for eLearning Jobs” (May 2013)
► eLearning Ask (http://elearningask.com/) "An eLearning Questions and eLearning Answers discussions portal" (May 2013)
Currently, the eLearning Industry has a network of more than 75,000 professionals involved in the eLearning Industry.
He is also the Founder and Owner of the Instructional Design and eLearning Professionals’ Group (46K+) (http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=110953), which is the largest online community of professionals involved in the eLearning Industry at LinkedIn.
Christopher holds an MBA, and an M.Ed. (Learning Design) from BGSU and currently works as project manager at http://www.learn-e-pedia.gr S.A. (Antenna Group of Companies), which is the largest interactive learning platform from Greek-speaking students and learners across the Globe.Website: www.elearningindustry.com