PADI offers its employees a unique, dynamic and fun work environment, competitive salary, excellent benefits and generous time off. We believe in creating an environment where our employees can thrive and grow. PADI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has been voted one of the Top Workplaces in Orange County in 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.
ABOUT THE JOB
The PADI Instructional Designer designs and develops instructional material for all PADI Worldwide companies. They will identify the skill requirements, knowledge measurements, learning environment, method of delivery, and approaches necessary to successfully meet scope goals and learning objectives on all assignments. Conduct the necessary research and analysis, leveraging instructional theory and best practices from the field to define curriculums and scopes for all appropriate projects. Works as an active member of project teams as a subject matter expert and instructional design developer, providing team members with the necessary content required to meet the project objectives and doing so while respecting deadlines and scope parameters outline in the scope and statement of work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assure adherence to valid educational design criteria for all appropriate products and programs within the PADI Worldwide companies (PADI, EFR, DSAT, Current Publishing).
- Remain current with recent innovations in the fields of instructional design and emerging technology for educational delivery and apply current knowledge and advancements in instructional design and theory to the development process
- Maintain and/or develop subject matter and instructional design expertise in general and as appropriate for assigned project topics/disciplines for appropriate PADI Worldwide companies.
- Plan, develop, design and evaluate educational programs, training materials and textbooks including all digital media, as assigned.
- Participate in project teams as a subject matter expert, instructional designer, reviewer, and/or any other pertinent role, and meet all obligations to the team including delivery dates, content quality and quantity, participation, and research as defined in the scope.
- Network with global company resources as well as outside experts to ensure products are developed to meet the needs of a global audience and have support and comprehension of all key stakeholder in all offices. This calls for effectively communicating in written, visual, and oral forms
- Identify and resolve ethical and legal implications of design within all products during initial development as well as during a continuous evaluation of existing products
- Conduct, as necessary, research, analysis and testing required to ensure development of products and programs accurately meet target market and learning objectives
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, in education, instructional design, computer based training, or related field;
- Writing, programming or designing computer based training is a plus
- Minimum of two years’ experience training in Education/Instructional Design.
- Related industry practical teaching and experience in the following disciplines is a plus: Recreational scuba diving, emergency care – first aid, marine science.
- PADI Professional rating of Divemaster or higher is strongly desired but not required
- Samples of work will be requested
CERTIFICATION LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- PADI Diver, professional member strongly preferred
- CPR and First Aid credential or experience is a plus
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Computer literate to include word processing, spreadsheet, database management, e-mail and Internet/Worldwide Web.
- Problem solver.
- Excellent communications skills essential.
- Ability to lead and work with people inter and intra departmentally, and get the work done through others while maintaining team spirit and morale.
- Dedication to quality, efficiency and customer service.
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- Willingness to learn to Scuba Dive if not already certified, and participate in Scuba diving activities
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with skill and produce results.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment and working with a variety of cultures
- Must be able to meet deadlines and develop content within scope parameter
Posted by Janet Callahan
Manager, Human Resources
- Instructional Designer position at Rancho Santa Margarita
- Instructional Designer job at Rancho Santa Margarita
- Instructional Designer position at CA
- Instructional Designer job at CA
- Instructional Designer position at PADI
- Instructional Designer job at PADI
- Janet Callahan
- The PADI Instructional Designer
Founder, eLearning Industry
The eLearning Industry runs the following sites:
► The eLearning Industry (http://www.elearningindustry.com) “The Leading Source for Professionals Involved in the eLearning Industry” (November 2012)
► Viva eLearning (http://vivaelearning.com) “Free Video Tutorials for eLearning Professionals” (December 2012)
► eLearning Feeds (http://elearningfeeds.com/) “The most recent article from the BEST eLearning Blogs and eLearning sites” (March 2013)
► eLearning Jobs (http://elearningjobs.com/) “The Leading Source for eLearning Jobs” (May 2013)
► eLearning Ask (http://elearningask.com/) "An eLearning Questions and eLearning Answers discussions portal" (May 2013)
Currently, the eLearning Industry has a network of more than 75,000 professionals involved in the eLearning Industry.
He is also the Founder and Owner of the Instructional Design and eLearning Professionals’ Group (46K+) (http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=110953), which is the largest online community of professionals involved in the eLearning Industry at LinkedIn.
Christopher holds an MBA, and an M.Ed. (Learning Design) from BGSU and currently works as project manager at http://www.learn-e-pedia.gr S.A. (Antenna Group of Companies), which is the largest interactive learning platform from Greek-speaking students and learners across the Globe.Website: www.elearningindustry.com