- To lead the design and development of innovative and business focussed blended learning solutions in existing and new business areas.
- To be responsible for the pitching of solutions to internal teams and external clients and delivery partners.
- Lead, motivate and develop the learning design team to ensure an effective working environment, employee commitment and consistently high performance
- Research & work with customers, delivery units, delivery partners and internal teams to develop new ideas and solutions
- Take part in new pitch opportunities including meeting clients, designing & pitching solutions.
- Lead first new projects but with a view to handing over to a Project Manager.
- Set, embed and develop design standards on learning projects, with an emphasis on the effectiveness, flexibility and re-usability of learning assets produced.
- Provide leadership & direction to the teams responsible for the development and delivery of learning solutions to ensure output stays true to design intent and business need
- Design and scope blended learning solutions for projects
- define learning objectives and analyse learning challenge
- identify effective design and delivery approach inc. structure and order of content (existing and new build), required system functionality, collaboration methods and channels, role and capability of learning support professionals
- quantify learner time and development effort
- identify how relevant legal, compliance and design standards and requirements are to be met
- document for internal and client review
- Explain design approaches to internal teams and external clients, and ensure design approach is both effective from a learner perspective and from a time and cost perspective
- Engage, brief & manage output of design work with specialist agencies or contractors/consultants, as required.
- Brief technical team members on the requirements for new projects and explore any specific/novel requirements to assess technical feasibility
- Brief operational and back-office support team members on the requirements for new projects and ensure any specific/novel requirements can be accommodated within projected margins
- Where required, ensure projects are delivered on time and budget
- Identify and raise project risks relating to the design approach
- Write proposals and pitches
- Work flexibly as part of the team.
- Coach and support learning development, implementation and delivery colleagues
- Other tasks as defined by learndirect
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Proven and demonstrable:
- experience of designing and delivering effective customer focused design demonstrating an excellent knowledge of HCI, new media/internet technologies and e-learning/web content development.
- ability to lead multi-disciplinary project teams, specifically focussed in the learning, web development and marketing arena.
- excellent negotiation, conflict-resolution, interpersonal and communication skills.
- effective communications with both business and technology
- problem resolution
- in-depth knowledge of the learndirect learning model and process
- ability to act as an organisational change agent
- high impact & influence cross-organisation
- excellent team leadership
- experience of operating within a service orientated environment and familiar with applying best practice in cross functional and virtual team working.
- ideally educated to Degree level and/or equivalent Professional Qualification, with minimum of 5 years relevant management and industry practice/experience.
Learning Director, learndirect
T: +44 (0) 0114 291 5273
M: +44 (0) 07799 071739
Founder, eLearning Industry
The eLearning Industry runs the following sites:
► The eLearning Industry (http://www.elearningindustry.com) “The Leading Source for Professionals Involved in the eLearning Industry” (November 2012)
► Viva eLearning (http://vivaelearning.com) “Free Video Tutorials for eLearning Professionals” (December 2012)
► eLearning Feeds (http://elearningfeeds.com/) “The most recent article from the BEST eLearning Blogs and eLearning sites” (March 2013)
► eLearning Jobs (http://elearningjobs.com/) “The Leading Source for eLearning Jobs” (May 2013)
► eLearning Ask (http://elearningask.com/) "An eLearning Questions and eLearning Answers discussions portal" (May 2013)
Currently, the eLearning Industry has a network of more than 75,000 professionals involved in the eLearning Industry.
He is also the Founder and Owner of the Instructional Design and eLearning Professionals’ Group (46K+) (http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=110953), which is the largest online community of professionals involved in the eLearning Industry at LinkedIn.
Christopher holds an MBA, and an M.Ed. (Learning Design) from BGSU and currently works as project manager at http://www.learn-e-pedia.gr S.A. (Antenna Group of Companies), which is the largest interactive learning platform from Greek-speaking students and learners across the Globe.Website: www.elearningindustry.com