Sr. Instructional Designer position performs training development, course conduct, strategic project planning support, and delivery activities associated with the implementation of new enterprise software solutions used by Company Member Services and Clinical call centers. The Sr. Instructional Designer collaborates with program management, engineering, test, quality assurance, regional training organizations, end-users, and business experts to create training material and assist/perform training conduct/delivery. This position reports to the Contact Center Strategy Sr. Training Manager and delegated supervisors.
- Research and analyze engineering source material to determine training content. Requires experience reading software design documentation.
- Develop software application end-user training material, including facilitator guides, participant guides, and audio/visual aids using established templates and styles - Microsoft Office applications.
- Conduct instructor-led training at customer facilities to end-users and managers.
- Manage multiple tasks with conflicting priorities.
- Provide performance feedback, including forecasting completion dates, identifying risks and issues, mitigating performance risks, and informing management of accomplishments, plans, and activities.
Top Daily Responsibilities
Develop training material following style guides and samples from previous courses using the phases from the ADDIE model. Participating in working meetings, in person, audio only, and webinar to collect source information, provide status, collaborate on problem solutions. Validating and verifying training material on actual software systems. Working with regional training teams and business partners to effectively communicate national and local goals and objectives through new technologies training deployment.
Travel: 50% Short-term, nationwide (CA, CO, MD, and OR). Frequency and duration vary with project needs.
The ideal candidate must possess the following requirements:
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Expert at using Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel; Proficient with Visio, Project), screen capture tools, and graphics/illustration software. Must be able to use existing templates and follow an established style guide.
- Outstanding organizational skills, capable of multiple-tasking and prioritizes conflicting activities.
- Advanced skills in interviewing subject matter experts to determine non-documented technical information that is applicable to training.
- Proficient using program management tools, such as RACI, SWOT, Program Management Planning, SLA, and SOW.
- Must demonstrate an advanced understanding of the ADDIE model
- Must demonstrate a superior understanding of training presentation models (instructor-led, distance learning, computer based training, on-the-job training).
- Must demonstrate the ability to present software application operation in real-time to end-users
- Must demonstrate the ability to follow processes and procedures for quality assurance and technical accuracy of training material content
- Must be able to analyze complex technical information and then write comprehensive training material to a level that is suitable for end-user operation.
- Must demonstrate experience in managing multiple training tasks
Education/Other = Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in education or related engineering field and a minimum 4-6 years RELEVANT training experience. Instructional System Design certification desired. Must demonstrate past personal performance with examples of training material and a sample presentation
Top Required Skills:
- Effective English communications, written, verbal, and in presentation.
- Ability to use advanced features of Microsoft Office applications and support software applications.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical information and create easily understood, technical training.
ATR International, Inc.
- Senior Instructional Designer positions at Corona
- Senior Instructional Designer jobs at Corona
- Senior Instructional Designer positions at California
- Senior Instructional Designer jobs at California
- Senior Instructional Designer positions at Enterprise Hospital IT Facility
- Senior Instructional Designer job at Enterprise Hospital IT Facility
Founder, eLearning Industry
The eLearning Industry runs the following sites:
► The eLearning Industry (http://www.elearningindustry.com) “The Leading Source for Professionals Involved in the eLearning Industry” (November 2012)
► Viva eLearning (http://vivaelearning.com) “Free Video Tutorials for eLearning Professionals” (December 2012)
► eLearning Feeds (http://elearningfeeds.com/) “The most recent article from the BEST eLearning Blogs and eLearning sites” (March 2013)
► eLearning Jobs (http://elearningjobs.com/) “The Leading Source for eLearning Jobs” (May 2013)
► eLearning Ask (http://elearningask.com/) "An eLearning Questions and eLearning Answers discussions portal" (May 2013)
Currently, the eLearning Industry has a network of more than 75,000 professionals involved in the eLearning Industry.
He is also the Founder and Owner of the Instructional Design and eLearning Professionals’ Group (46K+) (http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=110953), which is the largest online community of professionals involved in the eLearning Industry at LinkedIn.
Christopher holds an MBA, and an M.Ed. (Learning Design) from BGSU and currently works as project manager at http://www.learn-e-pedia.gr S.A. (Antenna Group of Companies), which is the largest interactive learning platform from Greek-speaking students and learners across the Globe.Website: www.elearningindustry.com