Ignition is a Hertfordshire-based company dedicated to providing industry-leading product knowledge, e-learning and experiential training in the UK and throughout Europe. The Instructional Designer will be a key member of the Ignition team, working with the Directors, our internal teams and our blue-chip clients to create leading-edge, innovative and engaging learning.
The successful candidate will work closely with subject matter experts to design engaging, informative and effective content across a range of formats (including F2F and e-learning). The position will include working on stand-alone e-learning content, as well as developing a learning/knowledge strategy across a range of different training media; developing content for a range of interaction types, identifying the message first, and only then applying it to the media available. A number of years’ experience in understanding client needs, researching subject matter, developing strategy and producing high quality story boards is essential. Strong time management, planning, organisational and prioritisation skills, together with creative writing skills and a superb attention to detail are essential qualities. This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate and enthusiastic professional.
- Meet with clients to assess learning objectives & propose appropriate solutions
- Liaise with Subject Matter Experts and learning development teams, collaborating with internal/external teams from concept to delivery
- Revise and rewrite content to shape it for learning needs
- Structure content and activities to produce engaging learning
- Adapt instructional materials created for one format to another format
- Develop support and technically focused e-learning and instructor led training content in line with customer requirements
- Creation of e-learning graphical storyboards
- Creation of training session plans, trainer notes to support F2F delivery
- Operate in conjunction with multimedia developer/design/virtual teams to achieve desired results on visuals & concepts, where necessary assisting in concept prototyping
Essential Skills/experience required:
- 2+ years ID experience (through a portfolio of work) of client-facing instructional design in a variety of subject matter areas and using a range of media (including Flash, video, audio)
- Fluent English, valid Passport & the ability to travel
- Appropriate permissions to work/live in the EU/UK
- Good general knowledge & understanding of leading LMS and LCMS platforms
- A demonstrable background in producing engaging, interactive learning outputs
- Experience of rapid e-learning authoring tools, for example Lectora, Articulate and Adobe Captivate
- Appreciation of innovation in e-learning such as mobile learning, informal learning, collaborative learning, game-based learning, and rapid development tools and technologies
- Knowledge of the main e-learning standards (SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2.0 and AICC)
- Clear understanding of learning types and terminology
- Knowledge/interest of latest instructional design strategies, learning technologies and emerging trends such as apps and augmented reality.
- An appreciation of eLearning 2.0 technologies, blogs, podcasts, wikis, forums
- Ability to translate learning needs to deliver exceptional learning experiences
- Detailed knowledge and application of Moodle & Totara
- Appreciation of global aspects of learning including cultural challenges, languages and diversity
- Experience of e-learning development and graphic design software, including Photoshop, Illustrator etc.
- Additional language(s)
A salary of up to £35k will apply depending upon experience. A fantastic working environment in a tranquil setting (own transport req'd), good company benefits after a trial period; make this a great opportunity for the right individual.
Content & Creative Director, Ignition
Christopher Pappas is founder of The eLearning Industry's Network. Currently, the eLearning Industry has a network of more than 75,000 professionals involved in the eLearning Industry and runs the following sites:
► The eLearning Industry 150+ eLearning Bloggers
“The Leading source on All Things eLearning. Find 1st and publish all the latest trends, articles and news.”
► eLearning Feeds 170+ Top eLearning Blogs
“e-Learning Feeds ranks and scores hundreds of Top e-Learning blogs, while helping e-Learning oriented readers to answer the question "What’s happening in the e-Learning industry" on a daily basis based on the Top e-Learning Blogs.”
► eLearning Weekly 5,600+ Subscribers
“A Free eLearning Weekly Newsletter round-up of eLearning news and articles. Get the Best eLearning News and Articles in your inbox every Tuesday, spam free!”
► eLearning Tags 1,900+ eLearning Submissions – 9,000+ eLearning Members
"The 1st eLearning Social Bookmarking Site!"
► eLearning Infographics
“The No.1 Source for the Best Education Infographics”
► Viva eLearning 1,000+ Free Video Tutorials – 2,500+ eLearning Professionals
“Free Video Tutorials for eLearning Professionals”
► eLearning Jobs
“The Leading Source for eLearning Jobs. Submit an eLearning Position for Free, add your eLearning Resume for Free”
He is also the Founder and Owner of the Instructional Design and eLearning Professionals’ Group (64K+) (http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=110953), which is the largest online community of professionals involved in the eLearning Industry at LinkedIn.
Christopher holds an MBA, and an M.Ed. (Learning Design) from BGSU.
If I can be valuable to you do not hesitate to contact me!Website: www.elearningindustry.com