Instructional Designer position at Seattle University
This position will work collaboratively with university faculty, administrators and staff to design and develop new online and hybrid programs and courses, as well as convert existing programs and courses to online or hybrid delivery. They will develop and implement face-to-face and online training programs for faculty and staff, collaborate with faculty to create student-centered learning activities and assessments that align with university, program, and departmental learning objectives, and work closely with instructional technologists and IT staff to select and support appropriate learning technologies. They will also design, implement and conduct workshops and develop online resources for faculty and staff development in best practices in teaching with technology.
This posting will be used to fill two openings.
Essential Job Functions
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, and administration to design and develop online and hybrid courses and programs.
- Develop, implement, and conduct training on best practices in online and hybrid course development through face-to-face and virtual one-on-one meetings, cohort meetings, consultations, workshops, informational presentations, and other activities.
- Collaborate with other faculty development initiatives to design and deliver faculty development programs.
Marginal Job Functions
Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in instructional or curriculum design, education, or related field, plus three or more years experience in instructional design and online/ hybrid course and program development or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Thorough knowledge of online/hybrid course and program development process and demonstrated excellence in developing innovative and successful online and hybrid courses and programs.
- Thorough knowledge of current adult and distance pedagogical theory and familiarity with university-level curriculum development and instructional methods.
- Experience in developing and conducting training sessions for a variety of audiences, both face-to-face and virtual.
- Thorough knowledge of current technological tools for online and hybrid education (web conferencing, lecture capture, cloud-based applications) and experience constructing courses in Course Management Systems (Canvas, BlackBoard, Desire2Learn, Moodle, etc.).
- Proven ability to effectively manage projects in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Excellent writing, editing and documentation skills.
- All candidates must show a demonstrated commitment to diversity and the university’s mission, vision, and values.
- All positions at Seattle University require a criminal history background check.
- Knowledge of best practices in implementing eportfolios.
- Excellent personal skills and ability to work with many different audiences including developers, instructors, other staff members and students.
Salary will be discussed during the interview process and is commensurate with qualifications.
Excellent Benefits Package
Our excellent benefits package currently includes: Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, significantly subsidized for employee and dependents; generous retirement plan; vacation, sick leave, 11 holidays plus Christmas week off, community service leave; Transportation pass 75% paid; Automatic payroll deposit; Library privileges for employees; University fitness facilities free for employees; S.U. tuition for employees and dependents administered in accordance with University policies.
Please apply online at: https://jobs.seattleu.edu. Applicants are also required to attach an electronic cover letter and resume when applying.
Persons who need assistance with the recruitment process may contact the Office of Human Resources at: 206-296-5870.
Office of Human Resources
Posted by Isa Chong
► eLearning Infographics
“The No.1 Source for the Best Education Infographics”
► eLearning Weekly
“A free eLearning Weekly Newsletter round-up of eLearning news and articles”
► The eLearning Industry
“The Leading e-Learning Portal for professionals involved in the e-Learning Industry. Find first all the latest trends, articles and news.”
► Viva eLearning
“Free Video Tutorials for eLearning Professionals”
► eLearning Feeds
“The most recent article from the BEST eLearning Blogs and eLearning sites”
► eLearning Jobs
“The Leading Source for eLearning Jobs - Free eLearning Job posting”
► eLearning Ask
"An eLearning Questions and eLearning Answers discussions portal"
► eLearning Tags
"An eLearning social bookmarking service where you can discover, share, vote and discuss remarkable eLearning content."
He is also the Founder and Owner of the Instructional Design and eLearning Professionals’ Group (52K+) (http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=110953), which is the largest online community of professionals involved in the eLearning Industry at LinkedIn.
Christopher holds an MBA, and an M.Ed. (Learning Design) from BGSU.
If I can be valuable to you do not hesitate to contact me!Website: www.elearningindustry.com