TrainingFolks is seeking a Sr. Instructional Designer/Architect to fulfill our client's learning initiatives. This role is based in Alexandria, VA and is part of a team of 9 instructional designers!
The Senior Instructional Designer/Architect is responsible for:
- Quickly grasp and communicate a wide variety of technical and soft skills content
- Conceptualize and communicate complex, blended performance improvement solutions to clients and internal teams
- Oversee and ensure the design and development of effective training and performance support solutions
- Provide substantive support for proposal development including: review client requirements, define technical approach, develop solution concepts, identify and describe relevant past performances, provide projections of level of effort and schedule
The ideal Senior Instructional Designer/Architect shall possess:
- U.S. citizenship
- Master’s degree in instructional design, education, communication, English, or other relevant discipline
- At least 10 years of experience in a professional services environment, including at least 6 years of instructional design in multiple training modalities
- At least 5 years of experience providing performance/learning consulting and solutions to external clients
- At least 3 years of experience leading a team of at least three instructional designers in creating a unified, single solution
- At least 3 years of analyzing and recommending optimum medium and mode of performance solutions for the desired outcomes, audience, and project constraints
- Knowledge of Flash is a valuable asset
- Experience with SCORM compliance is an asset
- Alexandria, VA
- On site
- Can be a permanent or long-term contract opportunity
- Full time hours
Overall compensation for this role is positioned as ‘competitive’ and will vary depending on your level of experience, and number of years you have applied your skills.
- Cover Letter
- Resume in Word format
- 3 References
- Rate/salary expectations
In the subject line of your submission please mention – “#593: Sr. Instructional Designer/Architect”.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring opportunities with TrainingFolks, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
TrainingFolks is a global provider of custom learning solutions, consulting and contingent workforce services. Combining award winning adult learning experience, with a proven engagement methodology that includes a talented network of learning professionals, TrainingFolks collaborates with our clients to implement change. Founded in 1997, TrainingFolks’ mission is to build a higher performing workforce. We address our clients' issues of urgency, capacity and capability.
- elearning industry jobs
- instructional designer job at Alexandria
- instructional designer position at Alexandria
- senior instructional designer position at VA
- instructional designer architect position at alexandira
- instructional design openings
- instructional designer jobs
- Andrew Clarkson
- Master’s degree in instructional design
- 10 years of experience in a professional services environment
- 5 years of experience providing performance/learning consulting
- 6 years of experience in instructional design
► eLearning Infographics
“The No.1 Source for the Best Education Infographics”
► eLearning Weekly
“A free eLearning Weekly Newsletter round-up of eLearning news and articles”
► The eLearning Industry
“The Leading e-Learning Portal for professionals involved in the e-Learning Industry. Find first all the latest trends, articles and news.”
► Viva eLearning
“Free Video Tutorials for eLearning Professionals”
► eLearning Feeds
“The most recent article from the BEST eLearning Blogs and eLearning sites”
► eLearning Jobs
“The Leading Source for eLearning Jobs - Free eLearning Job posting”
► eLearning Ask
"An eLearning Questions and eLearning Answers discussions portal"
► eLearning Tags
"An eLearning social bookmarking service where you can discover, share, vote and discuss remarkable eLearning content."
He is also the Founder and Owner of the Instructional Design and eLearning Professionals’ Group (52K+) (http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=110953), which is the largest online community of professionals involved in the eLearning Industry at LinkedIn.
Christopher holds an MBA, and an M.Ed. (Learning Design) from BGSU.
If I can be valuable to you do not hesitate to contact me!Website: www.elearningindustry.com