eLearning Developer position at Dollar General Corporation
E-Learning Developers are responsible for the creation and maintenance of e-learning, instructor-led, one-on-one and self-managed learning solutions. Partner with instructional designers and business partners to determine the best methods of delivery. Assist the instructional design team and Information Technology with testing and troubleshooting of courses. Partner with all levels in the Talent Development Department and business partners to obtain input and to ensure accuracy and effectiveness of training materials.Duties & ResponsibilitiesAssessment and Business Partnerships:
- Coordinate with the instructional design team and business partners to identify feasibility of various technical delivery solution alternatives.
- Conduct needs analysis to determine training objectives, instructional strategies, project scope, time frames, resource requirements and potential constrains for training programs.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with key business partners and subject matter experts to ensure accurate content is included in the training and the expected deliverables.
- Design user interface, templates and backgrounds for media and materials.
- Write audio scripts, on-screen copy, digital media descriptions and programming specification and storyboards for e-learning solutions.
- Develop and deploy SCORM-compliant and HTML-based e-learning modules using web-authoring applications (e.g. Lectora, Flash, Camtasia, Adobe Presenter, Articulate, Adobe Premier, Captivate).
- Perform quality assurance testing of modules developed by others
Plan and Implement:
- Maintain a current project plan while providing ongoing statuses to immediate supervisor and business partners.
- Partner with Information Technology teams to deploy and maintain e-learning and online materials.
- Coordinate the distribution of online materials to trainers and other business partners
- Conduct usability tests and pilots to assess training effectiveness
- Stay abreast of latest retail industry trends, instructional strategies and content development techniques, tools and vendors
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to ask appropriate questions and probe for understanding and work in collaboration with others to achieve desired results
- Ability to communicate through verbal and written means with individuals, small groups and in front of large audiences at all levels of the organization
- Highly skilled in the use of recognized web-authoring applications (e.g. Lectora, Flash, Camtasia, Adobe Presenter, Articulate, Adobe Premier, Captivate)
- Proficient knowledge of recognized desktop publishing applications including layout and design (e.g. Quark, Publisher, In-Design, Photoshop, Illustrator); ability to use Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of and proven ability to apply adult learning principles
- Knowledge of and proven ability to apply course development methodologies (e.g. ISD, ADDIE, Mager)
- Ability to deal effectively with obstacles to progress in order to maintain project momentum
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent project management, organization skills and time management skills; ability to be flexible and solve problems
- Knowledgeable and functional in technical writing, including consistent and correct use of tense, grammar/spelling and terminology that is interesting and varied
- Strong proofreading skills to produce error-free documents
Work Experience &/or Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Organizational Development, Computer Science, Web Design or Business required. Three to four years experience creating e-learning and online instructional materials for an adult audience required. Retail experience preferred. Knowledge and experience with working on project teams preferred.
- Compensation will consist of a competitive salary based on your experience, with bonus potential.
Our Benefits Package
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Long term disability
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- Company matched 401(k)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid vacation
- Onsite child care, ATM, cafeteria and fitness facility
- Free covered parking
- Fun, values centered work atmosphere
- Corporate casual dress
Dollar General is an Equal Opportunity EmployerTo Apply:
- Start at: www.dollargeneral.com/careers
- Navigate to Corporate Careers: http://www2.dollargeneral.com/DG-Careers/pages/corporate-careers.aspx
- Click Apply Now: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/home.aspx?partnerid=25411&siteid=5537
- Click Search Openings: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/searchopenings.aspx?SID=^rQ/6C_slp_rhc_5H9ZhRHL3xY/JQMOkRgWB08dKprmBNa2cB1iX9Y4FeDMVKisNKHOvjzrNC
- Enter the Auto Req ID 40981BR, eventually you get to the posting!
Posted by Barbara OpytSr. Mgr Talent DevelopmentDollar General Corporation