Instructional Designer position at Goodwill Southern CA
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Applies innovative thinking and creation solutions that reflect client needs, learner assessment, content, organizational need, and budget.
- Develops and/or retools entry- and advanced-level courses, Participant & Instructor Guides, exercises, scenarios, job aids, and assessments for a variety of audiences and purposes.
- Manages course projects from inception to completion, by collaborating with subject matter experts to accurately prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Builds effective relationships as a liaison when determining needs of the course and appropriate method of delivery.
- Ensures that all training materials are consistent, easy to understand, and well organized.
- Demonstrates and utilizes effective needs analysis, course development, and evaluation skills.
- Utilizes multimedia technology and authoring tools, as available.
- Continuously learns new features of development tools and software.
- Creates storyboards utilizing templates while applying adult learning theory.
Education & Experience
- 3+ years of instructional design experience in adult learning design and development required.
- E-Learning software experience required; Articulate Storyline strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in training and development related field or equivalent experience.
- Flash and video experience preferred.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
Posted by Karen Loftus, MBA/SPHR/GCDF | Director of Organizational Development
“Transforming Lives Through the Power of Work”
342 N San Fernando Road | Los Angeles, CA 90031
Christopher Pappas is founder of The eLearning Industry's Network. Currently, the eLearning Industry has a network of more than 75,000 professionals involved in the eLearning Industry and runs the following sites:
► The eLearning Industry 150+ eLearning Bloggers
“The Leading source on All Things eLearning. Find 1st and publish all the latest trends, articles and news.”
► eLearning Feeds 170+ Top eLearning Blogs
“e-Learning Feeds ranks and scores hundreds of Top e-Learning blogs, while helping e-Learning oriented readers to answer the question "What’s happening in the e-Learning industry" on a daily basis based on the Top e-Learning Blogs.”
► eLearning Weekly 5,600+ Subscribers
“A Free eLearning Weekly Newsletter round-up of eLearning news and articles. Get the Best eLearning News and Articles in your inbox every Tuesday, spam free!”
► eLearning Tags 1,900+ eLearning Submissions – 9,000+ eLearning Members
"The 1st eLearning Social Bookmarking Site!"
► eLearning Infographics
“The No.1 Source for the Best Education Infographics”
► Viva eLearning 1,000+ Free Video Tutorials – 2,500+ eLearning Professionals
“Free Video Tutorials for eLearning Professionals”
► eLearning Jobs
“The Leading Source for eLearning Jobs. Submit an eLearning Position for Free, add your eLearning Resume for Free”
He is also the Founder and Owner of the Instructional Design and eLearning Professionals’ Group (64K+) (http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=110953), which is the largest online community of professionals involved in the eLearning Industry at LinkedIn.
Christopher holds an MBA, and an M.Ed. (Learning Design) from BGSU.
If I can be valuable to you do not hesitate to contact me!Website: www.elearningindustry.com