Instructional Designer position at Los Angeles, CA
Successful candidates will thrive in an innovative environment and will have the right personality for managing themselves effectively among a strong team. It's a go-with-the-flow, highly results-driven culture where attention to detail is critical. You will be working with tight timelines and this role is perfect for those who can and do.
- Conduct needs analysis and strategic learning assessments, develop courses, job aids, content, materials and learning activities (within LMS and non-LMS environments) in collaboration with team members, project teams, and subject matter experts
- Consult with project stakeholders (e.g. project manager, management, technical lead, team members) to incorporate technical and schedule requirements into overall design process, make key recommendations for design that meet objectives and company goals
- Review and test content and components and integrate content into the common learning and business environment
- Provide training and workshops to internal and external audiences and stakeholders for using the common learning environment to include best practices for teaching online, classroom, on the job and other applicable training formats
- Develop and maintain accurate records of policies and procedures created as a result of projects worked on, including any statistical data requested; gather appropriate data as necessary to complete projects
- Monitors and reports the effectiveness of training during the orientation period and for full implementation of training programs.
- Research and experiment with emerging instruction technologies to stay current on industry trends and develop innovative training with results
- Educate internal team members on content design and development. A bulleted list of responsibilities
- Three to five years of Instructional Design experience
- Experience writing learning for Generation -Y demographics in the areas of sales, leadership and product training is a valuable asset
- Willingness to travel
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Able to work independently as well as with a team
- Demonstrated experience using instructional technology for the development of online courses, including but not limited to: web development, presentation software, MS Office, PC platforms, SharePoint, Articulate, mobile application tools and development, simulation development, learning management systems, online conferencing software and understanding of SCORM compliance
- Experience using collaborative social networking tools in a learning context
- Knowledge of adult learning theories and concepts and instructional design theory and concepts
- Experience creating or working with eLearning storyboards in the development of web-based learning materials
- Experience using analytics and use of data-driven decisions to enhance content and instruction
- Able to adapt quickly to change
- Work with and maintain confidential information and discretely handle sensitive materials
- Detail oriented with ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment; exhibits project management and time management skills to meet time and budget deadlines consistently
- Ability to work independently and be self sufficient - while succeeding in a team environment. Strong interpersonal skills; ability to engage content experts and translate concepts into terms appropriate for the target audience
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. team members, field representatives, management, participants, clients, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests
- Start Date: ASAP
- Contract Length: 3 months with possiblity of permanent hire
- Candidate must be willing to travel as required
Overall compensation for this role is positioned as ‘competitive' and will vary depending on your level of experience, and number of years you have applied your skills.
Apply to: (optional) http://goo.gl/u75PM (reference #736)
- A cover letter that includes your full contact information with city of residence and postal/zip code, your area of training interests, and travel considerations
- Resume (in Word format)
- 3 professional training references from previous clients or supervisors, within the last two years (in a separate Word document
- Certifications, if applicable
- Evidence of work quality (class evaluations or work samples)
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring opportunities with TrainingFolks, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Primary Phone – 866-873-6557 x 244
Christopher Pappas is founder of The eLearning Industry's Network. Currently, the eLearning Industry has a network of more than 75,000 professionals involved in the eLearning Industry and runs the following sites:
► The eLearning Industry 150+ eLearning Bloggers
“The Leading source on All Things eLearning. Find 1st and publish all the latest trends, articles and news.”
► eLearning Feeds 170+ Top eLearning Blogs
“e-Learning Feeds ranks and scores hundreds of Top e-Learning blogs, while helping e-Learning oriented readers to answer the question "What’s happening in the e-Learning industry" on a daily basis based on the Top e-Learning Blogs.”
► eLearning Weekly 5,600+ Subscribers
“A Free eLearning Weekly Newsletter round-up of eLearning news and articles. Get the Best eLearning News and Articles in your inbox every Tuesday, spam free!”
► eLearning Tags 1,900+ eLearning Submissions – 9,000+ eLearning Members
"The 1st eLearning Social Bookmarking Site!"
► eLearning Infographics
“The No.1 Source for the Best Education Infographics”
► Viva eLearning 1,000+ Free Video Tutorials – 2,500+ eLearning Professionals
“Free Video Tutorials for eLearning Professionals”
► eLearning Jobs
“The Leading Source for eLearning Jobs. Submit an eLearning Position for Free, add your eLearning Resume for Free”
He is also the Founder and Owner of the Instructional Design and eLearning Professionals’ Group (64K+) (http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=110953), which is the largest online community of professionals involved in the eLearning Industry at LinkedIn.
Christopher holds an MBA, and an M.Ed. (Learning Design) from BGSU.
If I can be valuable to you do not hesitate to contact me!Website: www.elearningindustry.com