Instructional Technologist position at Seattle University
The Instructional Technologist for our Continuing, Online, and Professional Education (COPE) programs will be responsible for promoting and supporting faculty and staff use of instructional technologies for teaching, including the university’s learning management system, and assisting them in the creation and use of digital content and resources.
This position will work collaboratively with instructional designers and faculty to design and develop technology-enhanced pedagogical strategies for online, hybrid, and face-to-face classes and work closely with COPE and IT staff to select and develop instructional technologies. They will also design, implement and conduct workshops and develop online resources for faculty and staff development in best practices in teaching with technology.
This posting will be used to fill two openings.
Essential Job Functions
- Support faculty and instructional staff in the creation and delivery of digital content and resources for online, hybrid, and face-to-face classes.
- Support faculty in the deployment and use of academic teaching technologies, including the university learning management system, wikis, blogs, social media, web conferencing, and other proprietary and cloud-based applications and provide support for these technologies.
- Develop online documentation and training materials for various instructional technologies.
- Collaborate with instructional design staff to advise faculty on best practices in teaching with technology and in the selection of appropriate technologies to achieve course learning objectives.
- Keep current with emerging and state-of-the-art learning technologies and developments in online pedagogy and make recommendations to ensure relevance and compliance.
Marginal Job Functions
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, instructional or curriculum design, educational technology, education, or a related field is required, as well as a minimum of two years experience working with instructional technologies in an academic setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Knowledge of best practices in developing, delivering and evaluating online and hybrid courses.
- Experience supporting faculty in the use of the Canvas Learning Management System or Blackboard, Moodle and/or Sakai.
- Experience with web design, HTML/CSS, and/or scripting languages.
- Experience implementing instructional affordances such as blogs, wikis, web conferencing, lecture capture, and social media in online and hybrid courses.
- Knowledge of graphic design and multimedia production, including knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and video editing software.
- High attention to detail.
- Interpersonal communications skills to interact effectively with a variety of clients and team members.
- All candidates must show a demonstrated commitment to diversity and the university’s mission, vision, and values.
- All positions at Seattle University require a criminal history background check.
Master’s degree in education, instructional technology, instructional design, design, education/curriculum development, or related field.
Salary will be discussed during the interview process and is commensurate with qualifications.
Excellent Benefits Package
Our excellent benefits package currently includes: Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, significantly subsidized for employee and dependents; generous retirement plan; vacation, sick leave, 11 holidays plus Christmas week off, community service leave; Transportation pass 75% paid; Automatic payroll deposit; Library privileges for employees; University fitness facilities free for employees; S.U. tuition for employees and dependents administered in accordance with University policies.
Please apply online at: https://jobs.seattleu.edu. Applicants are also required to attach an electronic cover letter and resume when applying.
Persons who need assistance with the recruitment process may contact the Office of Human Resources at: 206-296-5870.
Seattle University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran in the administration of any of its education policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletics, and other school-administered policies and programs, or in its employment related policies and practices. In addition, the University does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information in its employment related policies and practices, including coverage under its health benefits program.
All University policies, practices and procedures are administered in a manner consistent with Seattle University’s Catholic and Jesuit identity and character. Inquiries relating to these policies may be referred to the University’s Vice President for Human Resources and University Services and Equal Opportunity Officer at (206) 296-5870.
Consistent with the requirements of Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and its implementing regulations, Seattle University has designated three individuals responsible for coordinating the University’s Title IX compliance. Students or employees with concerns or complaints about discrimination on the basis of sex in employment or an education program or activity may contact any one of the following Title IX coordinators:
Office of Human Resources
Individuals may also contact the Office for Civil Rights of the U.S. Department of Education.
Posted by Isa Chong
Christopher Pappas is founder of The eLearning Industry's Network. Currently, the eLearning Industry has a network of more than 75,000 professionals involved in the eLearning Industry and runs the following sites:
► The eLearning Industry 150+ eLearning Bloggers
“The Leading source on All Things eLearning. Find 1st and publish all the latest trends, articles and news.”
► eLearning Feeds 170+ Top eLearning Blogs
“e-Learning Feeds ranks and scores hundreds of Top e-Learning blogs, while helping e-Learning oriented readers to answer the question "What’s happening in the e-Learning industry" on a daily basis based on the Top e-Learning Blogs.”
► eLearning Weekly 5,600+ Subscribers
“A Free eLearning Weekly Newsletter round-up of eLearning news and articles. Get the Best eLearning News and Articles in your inbox every Tuesday, spam free!”
► eLearning Tags 1,900+ eLearning Submissions – 9,000+ eLearning Members
"The 1st eLearning Social Bookmarking Site!"
► eLearning Infographics
“The No.1 Source for the Best Education Infographics”
► Viva eLearning 1,000+ Free Video Tutorials – 2,500+ eLearning Professionals
“Free Video Tutorials for eLearning Professionals”
► eLearning Jobs
“The Leading Source for eLearning Jobs. Submit an eLearning Position for Free, add your eLearning Resume for Free”
He is also the Founder and Owner of the Instructional Design and eLearning Professionals’ Group (64K+) (http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=110953), which is the largest online community of professionals involved in the eLearning Industry at LinkedIn.
Christopher holds an MBA, and an M.Ed. (Learning Design) from BGSU.
If I can be valuable to you do not hesitate to contact me!Website: www.elearningindustry.com