Components required to integrate the Biometric/RFID integration plugin of Fedena
- Biometric/RFID hardware
- Power for Biometric/RFID hardware
- A local PC with internet connection to act as a server to process Biometric/RFID data
- Cable connecting the local PC and Biometric/RFID hardware
- Windows OS in local PC
- Biometric/RFID software you got from the hardware manufacturer to be installed in local PC
- Hardware integration app of Fedena to be installed in local PC
- Fedena installed in cloud or other server of your choice
Things to know about the Biometric/RFID integration plugin of Fedena
- You have to purchase the RFID / Biometric hardware with supporting software from the local provider. Fedena does not supply any hardware. Fedena support will not help with your hardware issues.
- Make clear the support & service terms with the hardware provider. Make sure they can provide on-site support in case of hardware issues.
- Show the hardware provider this article to make sure their software can support the integration explained here.
How the integration of the Biometric/RFID integration plugin of Fedena works?
- Each user (students/teachers) in your institution will get a unique hardware ID from the RFID/Biometric device.
- You can enter this unique ID in the hardware ID field of student/teacher profile in Fedena.
- Install simple software provided by Fedena in the local PC where the RFID/Biometric device is connected.
- Done. This software will communicate with Fedena through internet using Fedena's attendance API.
Step by step instructions
- Step 1
Get the Fedena installation ready. Undergo Fedena training. Enter student and teacher data in Fedena.
- Step 2
Get the RFID/Biometric device installed and connected to local PC. Make sure the software that came along with the hardware is installed in local PC.
- Step 3
Install the hardware integration app provided by Fedena in the same local PC where RFID/Biometric device is connected and the software is running.
- Step 4
Enroll the students/teachers in the RFID/Biometric device as per the instructions received from hardware provider. RFID/Biometric device will assign a unique ID to each user.
- Step 5
Store the unique ID of students and teachers in Fedena in the hardware ID field as given below.
If you are interested to enable the RFID / Biometric integration of Fedena, feel free to contact us.
Great reads from Fedena
Abdulla Hisham is the Co-founder and Managing Director of Foradian Technologies, a Bangalore-based company that builds innovative web applications for education domain. Fedena, the flagship product of Foradian is an open source school management system used in more than 40,000 institutions around the world powering 20 million users.Website: www.fedena.com/