eLearning Trends And Predictions For 2018
by EI Design / Published: Jan 11 2018
What it's about
Get a comprehensive view of the hottest eLearning trends and predictions on approaches that are likely to have an impact on the industry in 2018.
Section 1: What will continue to offer value?Most entries in this section have been there for a while. However, they will see changes in 2018 while continuing to offer value. I have highlighted what I believe will change or if we will see a wider usage of each trend.
2. Digitization of ILT (to blended or fully online)
4. Performance Support Tools
6. Social Learning
7. Mobile Apps or Apps for learning
8. Video-based learning (Videos and Interactive Videos)
9. Next gen-LMS/LCMS
10. Rapid eLearning tools
11. Informal learning
Section 2: Coming of age-Increase in adoptionThis section features trend that was part of my 2017 trends and predictions and I have seen a clear shift towards higher adoption during the last year and this will continue to be the case.
1. Learning portals
Section 3: Emerging or Maturing-Watch out forThis section has a combination of trends that are emerging (Artificial Intelligence or AI in learning) as well as some trends that were identified for the watch in the past 2-3 years but are clearly maturing now.
1. Artificial Intelligence (AI) in learning.
2. AR/VR for immersive learning.
3. Big Data-Reporting, Analytics and its usage in the determination of ROI Learner Analytics.
4. Learner Analytics to enhance Learning experiences.
Recommend this read to your friends and #shareknowledge!