12 YouTube Videos Every Online Educator Should View
At the 12 YouTube Videos Every Online Educator Should View you will be able to answer the above questions and even more. You will get an idea of what your students are capable of and what are expecting from you. Do not forget that educational technology is the median and it is hear to help you achieve better learning outcomes. It is in your hand how effectively you will use it since we are the digital immigrants and our students/learners are the digital natives!
1) The Future Starts Now - 2012 edition
The Norwegian Centre for ICT in Education (www.iktsenteret.no). The purpose of the Norwegian Centre for ICT in Education is to contribute to the realization and the development of ICT policy. It shall further cooperate with relevant public and private institutions. The centre will also participate in international cooperation.
2) George Siemens' interview on MOOCs and Open Education Dr George Siemens talks about MOOCs and their benefits for the teacher and the learner in the context of open education and OER. Dr Siemens also gives advice for anyone wishing to run a MOOC (Massive Open Online Course)
3) Carpe Diem Schools Carpe Diem Collegiate High School is a blended-learning school that blends the best of face-to-face instruction, technology and extended learning opportunities in order to boost student achievement...Carpe Diem is working -- now it's your turn to "seize the day."
4) The Voice of the Active Learner A collaborative project by Blackboard and JESS3. To read more about the Active Learner visit: http://bit.ly/MZbYpD
5) Katy ISD - A New Vision for Mobile Learning In 2011, Katy Independent School District, in partnership with Cisco, launched the final phase of a technology transformation. Learn how Katy ISD realized their vision for education transformation with a BYOD mobile learning strategy. Learn more and print Katy ISD's case study: http://bit.ly/OPbFs9.
6) Case Study - Wilfrid Laurier University - BlackBerry Wilfrid Laurier University Helps Prepare MBA Students forBusiness World with BlackBerry Smartphones
7) Designing Schools for 21st Century Learning Presented at the CEFPI 86th Annual World Conference & Expo. The Pearson Foundation and The Mobile Learning Institute with Randall Fielding, Chairman; Founding Partner, Fielding Nair International
8) Classroom of Tomorrow Classroom of Tomorrow received an Honorable Mention at the 2012 Edmonton Catholic Schools Film Festival. In this film, Csaba, Matt, Miguel and Phillip hope to elicit a reaction from the audience that leaves their minds turning with intriguing ideas. Perhaps it will inspire and promote possibilities for combing human thoughts and ideas with those that may not be realistic at this point in our society. The boys' talents in special effects will leave you wondering what is real and what is computer generated.
9) Tools and Resources for the 21st Century Educator A compilation of tools for educators looking to integrate technology into the classroom.Visit The Digital Frontline for more ideas about education in the 21st Century.
10) Thomas Suarez: A 12-year-old app developer Most 12-year-olds love playing videogames -- Thomas Suarez taught himself how to create them. After developing iPhone apps like "Bustin Jeiber," a whack-a-mole game, he is now using his skills to help other kids become developers. (Filmed at TEDxManhattanBeach.)
11) A Vision of 21st Century Teachers Eighteen classroom teachers "speak out" on the topic of tech integration and 21st Century skills for students.
12) Maya g3 talks about blogging Student shares her blog, describes it, talks about comments she gets and how they make her feel.