TheWesley Euston Hotel & Conference Venue, Euston Street, London, United KingdomThis is also used to calculate the Event's timezone. VIEW ON MAPWhen
Mar 2 2016 @ 12:00 am (UTC )
Mar 2 2016 @ 12:00 am (UTC )
- More Info
Education and Technology Conference 2016: Incorporating "Classrooms of the Future"
The importance of Digital Technology in Schools
In the last five years, UK schools have spent more than £1 billion on digital technology. From interactive whiteboards to tablets, there is more digital technology in schools than ever before. But so far there has been little evidence of substantial success in improving educational outcomes.
The changing nature of the economy makes it essential that children on leaving education enter the workforce with the appropriate levels of digital skills to enable the UK to remain both competitive and leading-edge. However, there appears to be a fundamental issue that threatens this, namely our teacher’s inability to utilise hi-tech kit that is at their disposal to enhance the learning of their pupils. A November 2012 report from NESTA entitled “Decoding Learning” said that whilst there is clear evidence that technology can boost learning, lack of training and understanding of modern technology amongst the teaching workforce is preventing this from occurring.
A better use of technology can improve the teaching and learning experience, while digital adoption also improves standards. Technology can make teaching more engaging for learners and more fulfilling for teachers. Technology empowers good teachers. Delegates will hear from leading experts across education and technology, which will enable them to take best practice back to their schools and beyond for the benefit of all.
Who should attend the Education and Technology Conference 2016?
This digital technology conference is aimed at Head teachers, heads of school, IT Professionals and all those who have the responsibility for using digital technology to enhance education and learning.
Education and Technology Conference 2016 Speakers
Dave Presky, Computing Teacher and Coordinator, Little Reddings Primary School
Allan Crawford, Assistant Principal at Shireland Collegiate Academy (Microsoft Showcase School)
Attendance on this course will provide delegates with the opportunity to explore the importance of digital technology and how it is transforming the way in which children are educated.
- How technology can boost learning
- Understanding the power of technology in transforming education
- Utilising the incredible potential of digital technology in and beyond the classroom
- Unlocking the vast opportunities for pupils to learn with others through the potential of digital technology
- Getting industry and education to work together to harness technology to put learning first
- Exploring ways in which digital technologies can transform learning and teaching
- Helping schools understand what technology to buy and how best to use it
- Helping the education system to embrace technology
- Preparing pupils adequately for a post-school period of study and work in a digital age
- Accelerating the adoption of best practice in schools across country
- Gaining from digital technologies: balancing the informal and non-formal as well as the formal curriculum
- Improving digital literacy skills
- Codefests, Codefests, Hack Days
- Creative use of Technology for AfL
The Education and Technology Conference 2016 will be held at The Wesley, London on March 2, 2016.
26AprLambda Solutions Inc.
26JulThe Fairmont San Jose
20JunSheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina