InterContinental Manila, Makati, Philippines
ICE 2015 theme is “ASEAN and the Global eLearning Ecosystem: Growing in Pedagogy, Advancing in Technology and Responding to Challenges"
The 2015 International Congress on eLearning (ICE 2015) of PeLS is a premier academic forum which aims to gather eLearning practitioners, educators, trainors, researchers, media specialists, instructional designers, university school administrators, policy makers, industry partners and students across the country to present and exchange new advances and research results in various aspects of eLearning as well as discuss the encountered challenges and practical adopted solutions for a successful eLearning program implementation.
ICE 2015 Theme and Objectives
The Global eLearning ecosystem consists of the stakeholders (learners, teachers, developers and designers), the eLearning industry, service, content and technology providers, the government, the local and international organizations who are collaboratively working to uplift education in the 21st century way.
Global eLearning is expected to continue on its path of fast and significant growth and is not showing any signs of slowing down. According to Docebo's eLearning Market Trends and Forecast for 2014-2016 report, Asia posted the highest growth rate in terms of aggregated eLearning market share at 17.3 percent compared to the worldwide e-learning market at 7.6 percent. This trend is expected to rise in the region in the light of the ASEAN integration.
Specifically, ICE 2015 aims to:
- Advance the discourse on eLearning in the light of the developments in the ASEAN and other regions in the world;
- Continue the discovery of eLearning models, methods and solutions that will address digital divide in education and related areas;
- Promote harmony of diversity and strengthen cooperation and understanding at the regional and international set
- Explore issues, anticipate challenges and design solutions in the spirit of cooperation, collaboration and intelligent exchanges.
Relevant topics for this year's Congress include but not limited to the following areas:
- New developments in pedagogy (or learning models) and content technology
- eLearning designs for diversity and multi-cultural environments
- Developments in mobile teaching and learning and digital game-based learning
- National, regional and international reforms in eLearning and the use of technology in education: instruction, research and extension services
- Expansion of internationalization and Race to world-class education
- ASEAN Integration in Education (internationalization of degrees, mobility and accreditation)
- Essentials of certifications and accreditations
- Social media teaching and learning and beyond
- Advances in blended learning technologies
- Advanced or real-time multimedia learning and practices
- The non-formal DIY virtual communities and MOOCs
- Open Educational Resources (OER)
- eLearning for Special Populations (special needs students, students with disabilities, English-language learners, gifted and talented students)
- eLearning and HomeSchooling
- eLearning application in special topics such as STEM education, sustainability,agriculture and rural development, biotechnology, gender, environment, disaster risk reduction, climate change, local knowledge, peace education, microfinance, medical science and health informatics
The 2015 International Congress on eLearning (ICE 2015) will be held at the InterContinental Manila (Philippines) on September 16-18, 2015.
03JulPalau de Congressos de Catalunya