Mid Michigan Community College
Mid Michigan Community College, South Summerton Road, Mount Pleasant, MI, United StatesThis is also used to calculate the Event's timezone. VIEW ON MAPWhen
Jan 7 2016 @ 12:00 am (UTC -5)
Jan 8 2016 @ 12:00 am (UTC -5)
- More Info
MI Moodle Moot 2016 features preconference workshops and 30 different breakout sessions at the Moot, along with Hands-On Help Rooms for teachers and administrators for one-on-one support to try out what you've learned.
MI Moodle Moot 2016 begins with a opening keynote by Michelle Moore, followed by 45 minute breakout sessions (you can attend 5). Bring a laptop or Chromebook and have a course in Moodle to edit (laptops and courses available on site by request.)
Preconference Workshops, January 7, 2016
Registration, 7:45 - 8:30 am
- Full Day $40, includes lunch
- Half Day $20, includes lunch
Morning Workshops 8:30 - 11:45am
- Enhance and Engage with Embedded Content
- Moodle for Beginners - Foundation
- Moodle Admins: Extending Moodle Reporting
- Taking Moodle to the Next Level
- Think Again: Reframing Moodle Course Design
Afternoon Workshops 12:30 - 3:45pm
- All Together Better: Collaborative Course Improvement
- Get Ready! Get Set! Gamify!
- Moodle for Beginners - Next Steps
- Moodle Intermediate - Stacking Activities - Using Books & Lessons to Clean up Your Moodle
- Moodle Admins: Getting Started with Moodle Development
- Click Here for a List of Preconference Workshop Titles and Description
MI Moodle Moot, January 8, 2016
Registration, 7:45 - 8:20 am
$40, includes light breakfast and lunch ($50 on site registration)
Breakout Session Strands
- Getting Started with Blended Instruction & Moodle (Beginners)
- Taking Moodle to the Next Level - (Experienced Moodle Users)
- Teaching & Training Totally Online with Moodle (Virtual Teacher)
- For Moodle System Administrators (Technical & Support Staff)
Friday Opening Keynote, 8:20 - 9:00a
- Rising Above Moodle Mediocrity with Michelle Moore, International eLearning Expert and Author
Breakout Sessions, 9:15a - 3:15p
- 10 Need to Know Settings in Moodle Admin
- Avoid the Scroll of Death!
- Best Practices in Moodle Administration
- Blended Formative Assessment
- Blended Learning in a Remedial Math Environment
- Classroom Testing with Moodle
- Completion Tracking for Online Preparation Tutorials
- Creating Dynamic Math Questions
- Creating Interactive Classrooms
- Cuz Quizzes [Can] Increase Quality Learning
- Delivering Personalized Learning Experiences with Moodle
- Demystifying the Moodle Tracker
- Developing a Template for Effective Course Design
- Differentiate Learning with Moodle "Lessons"
- Git for Moodle Administrators
- Glossary - It's More Than Just Words
- Gradebook: Using Rubrics to Meet Educational Standards
- Hook, Line & Sinker - Reel in Teachers with Socialwall
- How We Automated Cumbersome Progress Reports
- Illuminating Moodle
- I'm Ten and I Can Blend: A PBL Journey in 5th Grade
- Learn a Lesson!
- Mahoodle - ePortfolios in Blended Environments
- Moodle in a CTE Classroom
- Restrict Access Opens Up New Possibilities
- Welcome to the MiLearns Online Portal
- What's Your HTTPS Grade?
- Why You Should Stop Using Forums
- You Added *WHAT* to Your Moodle?
The fourth annual MI Moodle Moot (MI Moodle Moot 2016) will take place at the Mid Michigan Community College on January 7-8, 2016.
15JunPeter Gilgan Centre for Research and Learning – The SickKids Hospital