e-Learning has revolutionized the educational sector, and has changed the way we look at knowledge and skill acquisition altogether. Thanks to modern educational technology, e-Learning tools and techniques just keep getting bigger and better. Today, they are providing learners with a more impressive, and more effective, educational experience.
More and more students and employees are using e-Learning to earn their degrees, build upon their knowledge base, and develop new skills. As such, an increasing number of online courses are now being offered in order to meet the ever-growing demand.
Top 10 eLearning Statistics for 2014 Infographic
Most importantly, the rise in e-Learning's popularity isn't showing any signs of slowing. In fact, judging by the following Top 10 eLearning statistics for 2014, the future of the e-Learning Industry is brighter than ever:
- In 2011, it was estimated that about $35.6 billion was spent on self-paced eLearning across the globe. Today, e-Learning is a $56.2 billion industry, and it's going to double by 2015.
- Corporations now report that e-Learning is the second most valuable training method that they use. This is no surprise, given that e-Learning saves businesses at least 50% when they replace traditional instructor-based training with e-Learning. Not to mention that e-Learning cuts down instruction time by up to 60%. Check out this informative article to learn more about the role of massive open online courses (MOOCs) in the world of corporate training:
- Today, it's estimated that about 4.6 college students are taking at least one course online. However, by 2019, roughly half of all college classes will be eLearning-based. This free report takes an in depth look at the important role that technology now plays in the educational sector.
- e-Learning is also Eco-friendly. Recent studies conducted by Britain's Open University have found that e-Learning consumes 90% less energy than traditional courses. The amount of CO2 emissions (per student) is also reduced by up to 85%.
- Over 41.7% percent of global Fortune 500 companies now use some form of educational technology to instruct employees during formal learning hours, and that figure is only going to steadily increase in future years. For a more in depth analysis of e-Learning in the enterprise you may find valuable the Kineo e-Learning in the Enterprise Survey Results 2013 and Infographic.
- The world's most rapidly growing e-Learning markets are Malaysia and Vietnam. In fact, the estimated 5 year annual growth rate for the Asian e-Learning market is 17.3%. That is the highest compound annual growth rate of any global region. Here are a few more key e-Learning stats for other parts of the world:
- Self-paced e-Learning's growth rate in the Middle East is 8.2%, and its revenues are expected to reach $560.7 million by 2016.
- The self-paced e-Learning market growth rate in Western Europe is 5.8%, and it’s estimated that their revenues will be at $8.1 billion by 2015.
- Africa's compound annual growth rate for self-paced e-Learning is 15.4%, and their revenues are expected to reach $512.8 million by the year 2016.
Want to know more about designing and implementing awesome e-Learning courses? At the Awesome e-Learning Course Guide you will find the top 10 tips for creating awesome e-Learning courses that are effective, engaging, and immersive.
In addition, click How to Become an eLearning Professional. The Free eLearning professionals' ebook features current eLearning tips, secret concepts, and insider information from 23 of the e-Learning industry's leading experts, all of which will help you to become a successful e-Learning professional.
Last but not least, would you be interested in 15 Free e-Learning Authoring Tools, 17 Open Source Learning Management Systems, 72 free e-Learning storyboard templates, 259 free educational technology tools, and more. I highly encourage you to check the Over 1000 Free eLearning Resources article.
Check out the Top 10 eLearning Statistics for 2014 Infographic below and do not hesitate to let me know your thoughts.
Find more education infographics on e-Learning Infographics
Christopher Pappas is founder of The eLearning Industry's Network. Currently, the eLearning Industry has a network of more than 75,000 professionals involved in the eLearning Industry and runs the following sites:
► The eLearning Industry 150+ eLearning Bloggers
“The Leading source on All Things eLearning. Find 1st and publish all the latest trends, articles and news.”
► eLearning Feeds 170+ Top eLearning Blogs
“e-Learning Feeds ranks and scores hundreds of Top e-Learning blogs, while helping e-Learning oriented readers to answer the question "What’s happening in the e-Learning industry" on a daily basis based on the Top e-Learning Blogs.”
► eLearning Weekly 5,600+ Subscribers
“A Free eLearning Weekly Newsletter round-up of eLearning news and articles. Get the Best eLearning News and Articles in your inbox every Tuesday, spam free!”
► eLearning Tags 1,900+ eLearning Submissions – 9,000+ eLearning Members
"The 1st eLearning Social Bookmarking Site!"
► eLearning Infographics
“The No.1 Source for the Best Education Infographics”
► Viva eLearning 1,000+ Free Video Tutorials – 2,500+ eLearning Professionals
“Free Video Tutorials for eLearning Professionals”
► eLearning Jobs
“The Leading Source for eLearning Jobs. Submit an eLearning Position for Free, add your eLearning Resume for Free”
He is also the Founder and Owner of the Instructional Design and eLearning Professionals’ Group (64K+) (http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=110953), which is the largest online community of professionals involved in the eLearning Industry at LinkedIn.
Christopher holds an MBA, and an M.Ed. (Learning Design) from BGSU.
If I can be valuable to you do not hesitate to contact me!Website: www.elearningindustry.com