Rapid eLearning Tools: Top 6 Practices
Rapid eLearning tools could be of great help when you need to race with time, simultaneously producing best learning projects. While doing so, it is not meant that you randomly develop some eLearning projects and arrange them in haphazard manner. We actually need to develop rapid learning in a powerful and effective manner providing our audience with maximum learning experience in short time.
While developing rapid learning, our focus mainly lies on speed. But, apart from speed, it is also necessary to develop a good base for your learning projects. In this article, we list a few best practices that can direct you towards producing an effective rapid learning.
- Select The Most Suitable Authoring Tool.
Prior starting rapid eLearning, it is important that you choose the correct authoring tool. Some important features that need to be kept in mind while choosing a tool are:
- It should be able to be used by everyone in your team.
- It must allow quick prototyping.
- It must have provisions for creating attractive designs as and when required.
- It must allow templates formation that may be used in future.
- It must be compatible with all hand-held devices.
- Plan Basic Program Structure For Learners.
While deciding to create rapid eLearning, you need to plan about the basic structure of your program.
- Try to make it interactive and eye-catching. Keep those devices in mind for which you are creating rapid eLearning; some good tools allow creating programs for specific devices.
- After that focus on the information that you are going to share keeping in mind your target audience, i.e. what type of learners you are going to interact with.
- The next important aspect is the interactivity of your rapid learning. You may consider including a few exercises or games by which the learners can apply what they have gained through the project.
- Keep 3 Tips In Mind While Creating Prototype.
Creating an image of the complete idea of your team (prototyping) will help you a lot in collaborating with your clients. While jotting down your idea, you need to follow 3 basic tips:
- Be quick in creating prototype during the early hours of your project so as to ensure that you and your clients are going in the same direction.
- There is no need to worry about finishing of prototype, as incorporating others’ suggestions in a finished project becomes really difficult and time consuming. So, try to prepare a rough sketch so that you may end up with creating a finished prototype completely in accordance with your stakeholders.
- Creating prototypes quite often is really helpful in engaging with your clients to a greater extent.
- Use Available Templates As Well As Graphics.
Using templates and pre-made graphics in your rapid learning will greatly speed up the development process. So if such an authoring tool is used, try to include as many graphics and templates as possible, as this will make it more interactive.
- Use A Rapid Communicating Tool.
Before starting your project, developing a quick viewable workbook will greatly assist in making things understandable. Use proper labeling and page numbers; add details about what graphics will be included, details of the responsible person, and the current status of development of the page.
- Assess Overall Workflow.
After finishing all steps, evaluate the entire workflow of your of your project. This will surely help you analyze what steps were really needed, and which ones were unnecessary. These observations will surely help you while creating future rapid learning projects.
Following these simple tips, you will be able to create an effective rapid learning that is both attention-grabbing and able to provide large amount information to viewers in short time.