Director of Instructional Design position at Relias Learning
The role will not generally be dedicated to working on individual course projects but may advise on high profile content and is expected to exert influence throughout the production team by helping team members develop skills to deliver more effective e-learning from a customer, sales, and budget perspective. The Director of Instructional Design reports directly to the SVP, Development Services.
- Identify and design reusable learning objects and templates for use by entire content team
- Advise team on quality of output within accepted production constraints
- Advise on specific design elements for high profile projects
- Keep abreast of research on adult learning principles and advise team on effective deployment
- Act as cross-departmental consultant
- Promote value of design to our internal and external customers
- 4-5 years’ experience in corporate training or e-learning development
- Proficient with eLearning and design tools such as Lectora, Captivate, Articulate Studio and/or Storyline, PowerPoint, Camtasia, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, etc.
- Advanced in the use of Microsoft Office software including Word & PowerPoint
- Ability to learn new ideas and new software at an advanced pace.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology/Media, Training and Development or relevant field, or comparable work experience.
Apply to: https://www.hirebridge.com/v3/application/applink.aspx?cid=6771&jid=172309
Posted by Kelsy Kliesen
Recruiter, Vista Consulting Group
Founder, eLearning Industry
The eLearning Industry runs the following sites:
► The eLearning Industry (http://www.elearningindustry.com) “The Leading Source for Professionals Involved in the eLearning Industry” (November 2012)
► Viva eLearning (http://vivaelearning.com) “Free Video Tutorials for eLearning Professionals” (December 2012)
► eLearning Feeds (http://elearningfeeds.com/) “The most recent article from the BEST eLearning Blogs and eLearning sites” (March 2013)
► eLearning Jobs (http://elearningjobs.com/) “The Leading Source for eLearning Jobs” (May 2013)
► eLearning Ask (http://elearningask.com/) "An eLearning Questions and eLearning Answers discussions portal" (May 2013)
Currently, the eLearning Industry has a network of more than 75,000 professionals involved in the eLearning Industry.
He is also the Founder and Owner of the Instructional Design and eLearning Professionals’ Group (46K+) (http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=110953), which is the largest online community of professionals involved in the eLearning Industry at LinkedIn.
Christopher holds an MBA, and an M.Ed. (Learning Design) from BGSU and currently works as project manager at http://www.learn-e-pedia.gr S.A. (Antenna Group of Companies), which is the largest interactive learning platform from Greek-speaking students and learners across the Globe.Website: www.elearningindustry.com