11 Free iPad Apps for Teaching Grammar
Teaching Grammar With Free iPad Apps for Teachers and Parents
- Action Words - freeThe app is so easy to use that even toddlers will delight in the gorgeous pictures as they start to explore and learn over 100 new action words. This app focused on helping kids learn new action words by showing gorgeous photographs where the actions are clearly acted out. Easy to customize and adjust to your liking. Easy to use for kids of all ages and all abilities
- Comparative Adjectives - free Comparing and describing the difference between two objects is a core building block of learning every language. Fortunately, with this app, learning comparative adjectives is a fun game that will keep your kids learning and engaged for hours.
- Grammar Game Free - freeGrammar Fun allows kids of all ages to learn correct grammar by matching grammatical constructs to the corresponding words in a sentence. A child friendly interface makes this a fun filled activity Persons studying English as a second language (ESL) or those who would like to learn English may find this useful as well.
- Grammar Jammers Primary Edition - freeCatchy animated songs and rhymes make English language arts exciting! Grammar Jammers animations will have you tapping your toes to the beat while learning grammar usage and mechanics. Each animation unlocks a quiz. Answer all the quiz questions for all the Grammar Jammers topics and unlock an interactive reward.
- Grammar Wonderland (Elementary) Lite - freeFly, swim, feed, and toss your way to grammar mastery. Who knew grammar practice could be so much fun? Lead your character through many wonderful adventures as you practice using nouns, verbs, adjectives, and more!
- Jumbled Sentences - free (Series from 1 to 5) 'Jumbled Sentences' series is designed for beginners to improve their writing skills. This app offers an easy and interactive way for beginners to learn the word order in a fun way. 'OK' button allows you to do self-checking on your own and get the correct answer without anyone's help.
- Jumbled Sentences 1 - free
- Jumbled Sentences 2 - free
- Jumbled Sentences 3 - free
- Jumbled Sentences 4 - free
- Jumbled Sentences 5 - free
- MobiLibs - freeMobiLibs is now available in a fun, new interactive AND digital platform! Twenty hilarious stories to have fun with! We will be adding new stories all the time and you will get free updates for life! Save your outrageous Mad Libs story creations and show them to friends and family with just the touch of a button using this fun and interactive mobile application!
- My Grammar Lab - freeNeed more grammar practice? Download this free app and create hundreds of practice exercises to improve your grammar on the go. MyGrammarLab A1/A2. This app is intended to be used with MyGrammarLab Elementary A1/A2 (Mark Foley & Diane Hall, c Pearson 2012) – a blended grammar course using book, online and mobile.
- Practice English Grammar 2 - freePractice English Grammar helps you learn English grammar with the principle “Practice makes perfect”. Practice English Grammar contains many pages of grammar lessons explaining the grammar topics of the tests. With over 500 questions in 16 topics, this app helps you practicing the basic usage of English grammar in elementary level.
- Same Sound SpellBound (Homophones) - freeSame Sound Spellbound is an adventure designed to help the player understand homophones. You begin your adventure choosing to play as either Luna or Leo, young magicians at Magic School, beginning to master the magic of words. In this lesson, Luna and Leo must correctly identify the homophone which best completes the puzzle sentence, in a given time.
- Using I and Me Fun Deck - freeThis colorful educational App for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch has all 52 illustrated picture flash cards (plus audio of each card’s text) from the Using I and Me Fun Deck by Super Duper Publications. Select the cards you want students to see, and have your students to fill in the blank to practice the personal pronouns “I” and “me.” The prompts include statements like, “___ wrote a story about lions” and “The story about lions was written by ___.” The Automatic Scoring option allows the students to choose from one of two answers to complete the sentence correctly. This App is simple to use. When you finish, view the results in a graph, and print or email your data.