20 eLearning Resources for eLearning Professionals
eLearning Blogs are a great way to not only learn about what’s happening in the learning profession but to get some alternative viewpoints.
- Craig Weiss – Craig writes the E-Learning 24/7 blog and has been identified as a thought leader and expert - http://elearninfo247.com/ (also on twitter @diegoinstudio)
- Ryan Tracey – Ryan is an Australian E-Learning manager, blogger, writer, advisor & reviewer who writes about a variety of learning topics - http://ryan2point0.wordpress.com/ (also on twitter @ryantracey)
- Cathy Moore: On a mission to save the world from boring corporate elearning. Creator of the action mapping ID process and the Elearning Blueprint - http://blog.cathy-moore.com/ (also on twitter @CatMoore)
- Connie Malamed: The elearning Coach – Tips and reviews for success with online and mobile learning - http://theelearningcoach.com/about/ (also on twitter @elearningcoach)
- Clark Quinn – Clark is a learning experience architect & strategist taking it to the ‘next level’ via a deep cognitive and broad technology background - http://blog.learnlets.com/ (also on twitter @Quinnovator)
- Jane Hart – Jane is the Founder of the Centre for Learning & Performance Technologies (C4LPT). She is an independent advisor, writer and speaker - http://www.c4lpt.co.uk/blog/ (also on twitter @C4LPT)
- Allison Rossett – Alison has taught in EDTEC at SDSU for 30+ years, writing books, running projects, working with students and clients - http://www.allisonrossett.com/ (also on twitter @arossett)
The following eLearning websites have a huge range of e-learning information, best practice and resources for you to use in your next e-learning project:
- elearning Brothers – provide a great range of templates and resources for Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate and Lectora - http://elearningbrothers.com/
- Instructional Design Org – Good place for new e-learning professionals that contains information on learning theories, design models and terminology - http://www.instructionaldesign.org/
- Journal of Online Learning and Teaching (JOLT) is a peer-reviewed, open-access, online publication that aims to promote scholarship in the use of the Internet and web-based multimedia resources in higher education - http://jolt.merlot.org/index.html
eLearning Twitter Users:
While Twitter is mostly used as social media tool, it’s also a great learning tool and a way to connect with other e-learning professionals. Here’s a few people to follow:
- @lrnchat – a weekly twitter chat covering a variety of learning related topics.
- @JaneBozarth – Jane is the World's Oldest Millennial, E-learning Coordinator, author of Social Media for Trainers and Positive Deviant.
- @tomkuhlmann – Tom writes the Rapid Elearning Blog where he shares practical tips & tricks for building elearning courses.
- @Tracy_Parish – Tracy tries to learn at least one new thing each day (with a focus on elearning, ID, education technology, social media, networking, learning and fun).
- @learningsolmag – Learning Solutions Magazine serves education and training pros, especially those interested in eLearning and technology.
These eLearning books are terrific resources as they provide in-depth coverage that is easy to read and apply to your e-learning projects.
- Efficiency in Learning by Ruth Clark, Frank Nguyan and John Sweller
- The Gamification of Learning and Instruction by Karl Kapp
- Slide:ology: The Art and Science of Creating Great Presentations by Nancy Duarte
- Telling Ain’t Training by Harold D. Stolovitch and Erica J. Keeps
- Evidence-based Training Methods by Ruth Colvin Clark
What eLearning resource suggestions do you have?
I’m a passionate learning and development practitioner from Newcastle, NSW, Australia. Currently employed as an Instructional Designer, developing and courses for online and classroom environments.
I have a keen interest in a number of learning and design related areas including human cognitive architecture, motivation, technology, informal learning and social media.Website: www.linkedin.com/pub/matthew-guyan/29/794/7a1