5 Steps to Create and Deploy a Successful e-Learning Course
If you are wondering where to start, follow these 5 steps to create and deploy a successful e-Learning course.
- Research. Make sure you have done your research before you create and deploy your course. First, take a look at your target audience. Figure out what you want them to get out of the course. Once this is defined, take a look at your designer and his or her course creation skill set. If the course is covering advanced material and includes complex content, the designer’s skill set should match. Next, research various authoring tools to ensure you choose the right tool for the learners’ needs. Should you simply use PowerPoint? Or should you use a full-featured authoring tool like Lectora Inspire?
- Develop Specific Objectives. Create a list of objectives for your course. This list should consist of at least 5-10 objectives that follow the SMART criteria. Make sure your objectives are specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and time-bound. Here are a few examples:
- Create a complex course that includes branching scenarios that correspond to learners’ aptitude levels
- Increase your learners’ knowledge of the topic by 10% at the time of course completion
- Design a course for learners to gain a new, advanced skill practical to their job roles
Setting aside the time to think about your goals for an e-Learning course is an investment that pays off and creates a positive learning experience for your learners. Use these 5 steps as a guide to develop and deploy an effective and engaging course that achieves your target objectives and benefits your learners.