Kalahari Convention Center
Kalahari Resorts, Kalahari Drive, Wisconsin Dells, WI, United States
BrainStorm 17.0: For Ed Techs, By Ed Techs.
At BrainStorm 17.0 we gather education technologists from around the midwest to connect, inform, and inspire.
The goal of the BrainStorm 17.0 Conference is for K20 techs to network with their counterparts from throughout the Midwest and to connect with technology vendors who tailor their products for the K20 community.
Connecting K20 techs with their colleagues is what BrainStorm is all about.
Learn from K20 techs and vendors who have the solutions you're looking for.
Get inspired by new products and ideas at our one-of-a-kind vendor fair.
BrainStorm 17.0 Suggested Topics
Topics taken from attendee survey from previous conference
- Chromebook 1:1 and management
- Supporting STEM programs
- Effective training of staff on new technologies
- Office 365 administration
- Google Vault
- Network monitoring on wired networks
- SNMP sessions
- GAFE admin session
- Windows 10 in the classroom
- Raspberry Pi or other digital signage options
- Video integration
- Google scripting
- Google for Education management
- System Center (SCCM) demos and advice
- Image deployment
- iPad vs. Chromebooks
- Internet security
- MDM solutions
- Hardware troubleshooting/repairs
- Identity management and authentication across platforms
- managing staff - budgeting processes - future planning of equipment life cycles/budgets
- High density wireless
- IT Leadership topics
- Internet filtering of Chromebooks, etc. outside the network
- 1:1 – Support and Management Best Practices
- Telephony (Open source VoIP, Asterisk, etc.)
- Virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V, etc.)
- Windows, Mac, and/or Linux Desktop Administration
- Windows, Mac, Novell, and/or Linux Server Administration
- General Best Practices – Wireless, Infrastructure & Networking
- ITIL Standards
- Clean, managed, multiprotocol wireless
- Online Office Suites (Google Apps, Office Live, Zoho, ThinkFree, etc.)
- Podcast Distribution & Management
- Next Generation Firewall (Content Filters, Layer 7 Filtering, Bandwidth Management)
- Best in Class Software Tools to Manage a Network
- Security UTM (Malware Protection, Anti-Virus, Spyware, Rootkits, etc.)
- Active Directory/Open Directory/eDirectory/LDAP
- Cross-Platform Directory Integration (AD, OD, eDir, etc.)
- School Technology Policies
- Switches - Configuring and Best Practices
- Personal Mobility Devices (iPad/iPod/Netbooks/Tablets)
- Successful Planning & Implementation of VDI
- SANS - Storage Area Networks
- Multi-Platform Network Setup, Tips, Administration
- Zenworks Configuration Management
- Group Policy Sessions
- Problem/Change Management
- Surviving a Technology Audit
- Mailserver Administration (Kerio, Exchange, Zimbra, etc.)
- Email – Time to Outsource for free to Google or Microsoft?
- Getting Support from School Administration
- Backup/Cloud Storage
- Eliminate on-site file storage for students (staff?) – Skydrive, DropBox, Etc.
- Actual Demos of Software in Use by School Personnel
- Shellscripting (Powershell, AppleScript, Bash, etc.)
- Money Saving Projects/Techniques
- CANs (Community Area Networks)
- Best Practices for Beginner IT Personnel
- Content Management Systems (Drupal, Joomla, CMS4Schools, etc.)
- Taming Roaming Profiles
- Imaging (Hardware Independent, System Center, Deploy Studio, Casper, Ghost, etc.)
- Equipping Teachers with Laptops
- K12 Funding from Government Agencies
- Ideas on how to maximize your Technology Budget
- Roadmaps for: Windows, Office, SharePoint, IE, Firefox, Etc.
- How to do a Security Audit on your Network
- How to Conduct a Digital Forensics Investigation
- Software Licensing Traps
BrainStorm 17.0 will be hekd at the Kalahari Resorts & Convention Center (WI, US) on February 28 - March 01, 2016.
26AprLambda Solutions Inc.
26JulThe Fairmont San Jose
20JunSheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina