Flemish Ministry of Education Headquarters
Koning Albert II-Laan 15, Brussel, België
Media and Learning 2016 is the place to be if you are interested in the latest developments, services and uses of media in education and training.
Aimed at researchers, policy makers and practitioners, the purpose of this annual event is to identify policies and initiatives that promote digital and media competence at all levels of education and training as well as to promote best-practice in the take-up and application of media in education and training.
At this conference we will be discussing:
- the urgency of embedding digital and media literacy skills amongst the European workforce
- how best to convince stakeholders about the importance of embedding digital and media skills amongst learning professionals and learners at all levels of education and training
The conference will include:
- practical learning opportunities showing how you can apply all types of media in education and training through workshops and hands-on training sessions
- information sessions describing lots of different initiatives and developments linked to this field supported by European and national programmes
- sessions linked to the MEDEA Awards 2016, a competition now in its eight year that recognises and rewards excellence in this field. These sessions will feature winners and finalists from the past and current competitions.
Media and Learning 2016 will provide a platform to those responsible for creating, promoting and using media in the classroom, on and off campus as well as in training and lifelong learning centres. It will promote the sharing of best-practice, exchange of know-how and hands-on amongst practitioners and potential practitioners. It will provide an opportunity for policy-makers and decision-makers to discuss how to enhance digital and media literacy in the broader context of creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship and the value and impact of such skills in relation to the European work-force.
Those targeted to take part include:
- Policy-planners and decision-makers responsible for promoting digital and media literacy generally amongst the workforce
- Producers of media resources for use in education and training including traditional media producers including broadcasters
- Teachers and trainers with responsibility and/or interest in the creation of user-generated media resources as well as the use of existing media resources
- Representatives from agencies with an interest in promoting the take-up and use of media in teaching and learning
- Industry representatives with an interest in the development and training of workers in the creative industries
The Media & Learning 2016 Conference will be held at the Flemish Ministry of Education Headquarters (Belgium, EU) on March 10 - 11, 2016.
03JulPalau de Congressos de Catalunya