Mall of America Executive Center - Boundary Waters Suite
60 East Broadway, Bloomington, MN, United States
Moving Beyond E-Learning: A Workshop with Jane Hart
The Professional Association for Computer Training is excited to welcome global thought leader, Jane Hart of the Centre for Learning & Performance Technologies, for rare one-day workshop opportunity!
- Review the need for moving beyond classroom training and 1st generation e-learning
- Consider the new opportunities it offers to enable and support learning in new ways
- Compare the two roles of (traditional) learning manager and (new) learning consultant
- Build a plan for broadening the scope of the work in your own L&D team or that of your client
The way we learn in the workplace is changing; in large part influenced by the way we learn on the Web. Organizations at the leading edge are now modernizing their approach to workplace learning, and moving beyond creating and managing e-learning, towards addressing performance problems in more relevant ways as well as promoting, developing and supporting continuous learning. In this workshop Jane will take you on a tour of the new initiatives that are taking place in organizations in order to enable and support learning in new ways. Bring your laptops or tablet along as the workshop will be highly participative.
About Jane Hart
Jane Hart is an independent workplace learning advisor, international speaker, writer, and the founder of the Centre for Learning & Performance Technologies - C4LPT.co.uk - one of the world’s most visited learning sites on the Web. Jane is an Honorary Fellow of the British Institute for Learning & Development, and Visiting Lecturer on the Masters of Science in Learning & Technology at Oxford University. In February 2013, the United Kingdom’s Learning & Performance Institute (LPI) presented Jane with the Colin Corder Award for Outstanding Contribution to Learning.
Why You Should Attend
This is an amazing opportunity to take a workshop from a well-respected, global learning and development leader – with no airfare!
Jane has been helping organizations bring their systems and processes up to date for over 30 years. Her blog, Learning in the Social Workplace, is the number one shared Learning & Development blog according to the Center for Management & Organization Effectiveness. Jane is truly an expert in our field, and you will not want to miss this opportunity to gain exposure to the newest developments in learning technology and acquire the skills to help move an organization beyond e-learning to embrace the possibilities of social and collaborative learning. During this full-day session you will have the opportunity to interact with her and the other session attendees to explore a strategy that works for your organization or your client.
Who Should Attend
Current and future practitioners, managers, and directors.
“Just finished a great learning experience being part of a learning lounge ‘beyond e-learning’ hosted by [Centre for Learning & Performance Technologies] – To be recommended.” – Testimonial from workshop attendee
“You were extraordinary! Your content was perfectly tailored to our membership and you delivered exactly what we had hoped for. Thank you so much for the thought you put into this, and the charm with which you delivered your presentation.” – Testimonial
- The Mall of America is located in Bloomington, Minnesota – only 15 minutes from downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul. As one of the most visited tourist destinations in the world, Mall of America features – 520 stores, 50 restaurants and attractions, a theme park, and an event center. Bonus: there’s no sales tax on clothing or shoes!
- The Executive Center is located on Level 4 of the East wing of the mall. Park in P7 Pennsylvania for the most conveniently located parking.
- Coffee and water provided throughout the workshop. Attendees should plan to experience one of the 50 unique restaurant offerings on their own, as lunch is not included in the session. A list of restaurant offerings can be found on the Mall of America website.
- Coming in from out of town? Contact the PACT Program team for hotel recommendations at [email protected]
Bring your laptop or tablet; Power outlets and wireless connectivity will be provided.
Find more at https://pactweb.org/events/item/84
21MayGeorgia World Congress Center