Australian Technology Park
Australian Technology Park Sydney, Locomotive Street, Eveleigh, New South Wales, Australia
Young Learners 2016 is designed as a highly practical and visionary event for all K-2 educators and school leaders.
If we teach today’s students as we taught yesterday’s, we rob them of tomorrow.” (John Dewey)
There’s no doubt about it our kids are drawn to technology whether it be touchscreen TVs, tablets, smart phones or apps. But how can this interest in technology, and the technology itself, be used – not just for games - but to improve teaching and learning of young children; and better prepare them for a life-time of learning in a tech-savvy world?
Delegates will hear from mobile learning to augmented reality, gaming, coding, maker space, connected classrooms and robotics. With practical sessions and hands on workshop, this conference will equip delegates with the tools and practical know-how to integrate and teach Digital Technologies with confidence.
Who Should Attend Young Learners 2016?
Anyone who is working with early learners–kindergarten through to Years 1 and 2–will benefit from the sessions presented including:
- Primary School Teachers (Foundation years, Kindergarten and years 1 & 2)
- Head of Years (Kindergarten and years 1 & 2)
- Primary School Principals
Why Attend Young Learners 2016?
- Learn how to embed the new Digital Technologies Curriculum within all learning areas
- Develop lesson plans that hit the mark with the Australian Curriculum
- Gain understanding of ways mobile can enhance learning
- Understand how gamification, Augmented Reality, robotics and coding can be integrated into teaching and learning of the youngest ones
- Identify the best available tools and resources that are easy to use
- Hear first-hand from teachers across the country who are delivering the digital technologies curriculum in their schools
The Young Learners 2016 Conference will be held at the Australian Technology Park, Sydney, on March 2 - 4, 2016.
21MayGeorgia World Congress Center