10 Things You Should Know About eLearning Industry 2013 - Infographic
- $4.4tn - 2012 global education expenditure supported by 1.4bn students and 62.5m educators
- 23% CAGR forecasted out to 2017. The eLearning market in education, standing at $91bn in 2012.
- 700m individuals of the world's population will lack basic literacy skills by 2015.
- $1tn load dept. The cost of education has risen 84% since 2000, 37% higher than CPI, which has lead to situations like the US student loan debt accumulation to over $1tn. eLearning is a cost effective alternative
- Internet users have grown 870% since 2000 massing over 2.4bn users globally and causing an evolutionary shift in how people can engage with the world.
- In Europe alone there are 3,000+ eLearning companies. Consolidation will be the theme as businesses seek to expand geographic reach, scale, and service offering.
- US student tablet ownership grew 257% last year and in 2011 technology adapted training has penetrated over 40% of the Global 500 Fortune companies.
- Current industry hype about new ideas and consumer learning requirements are disrupting the whole education eco-system.
- The US to push forward with Project Tin Can which will set industry wide eLearning standards for software.
- Next generation content and its creation tools, adaptive learning, collaborative learning, Learning Record Stores (LRS), re-purposable learning, Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) and Open Education Resource (OER) management is the IBIS Capital's hot pics for eLearning 2013.
Click the image below to see a larger version of the Global E-Learning Industry Overview Infographic.
You can request a copy of the full report by emailing [email protected]
Source: edcetera Created by UK-based IBIS Capital