10 Things You Should Know About eLearning Industry 2013 - Infographic
- $4.4tn - 2012 global education expenditure supported by 1.4bn students and 62.5m educators
- 23% CAGR forecasted out to 2017. The eLearning market in education, standing at $91bn in 2012.
- 700m individuals of the world's population will lack basic literacy skills by 2015.
- $1tn load dept. The cost of education has risen 84% since 2000, 37% higher than CPI, which has lead to situations like the US student loan debt accumulation to over $1tn. eLearning is a cost effective alternative
- Internet users have grown 870% since 2000 massing over 2.4bn users globally and causing an evolutionary shift in how people can engage with the world.
- In Europe alone there are 3,000+ eLearning companies. Consolidation will be the theme as businesses seek to expand geographic reach, scale, and service offering.
- US student tablet ownership grew 257% last year and in 2011 technology adapted training has penetrated over 40% of the Global 500 Fortune companies.
- Current industry hype about new ideas and consumer learning requirements are disrupting the whole education eco-system.
- The US to push forward with Project Tin Can which will set industry wide eLearning standards for software.
- Next generation content and its creation tools, adaptive learning, collaborative learning, Learning Record Stores (LRS), re-purposable learning, Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) and Open Education Resource (OER) management is the IBIS Capital's hot pics for eLearning 2013.
Click the image below to see a larger version of the Global E-Learning Industry Overview Infographic.
Created by UK-based IBIS Capital
► eLearning Infographics
“The No.1 Source for the Best Education Infographics”
► eLearning Weekly
“A free eLearning Weekly Newsletter round-up of eLearning news and articles”
► The eLearning Industry
“The Leading e-Learning Portal for professionals involved in the e-Learning Industry. Find first all the latest trends, articles and news.”
► Viva eLearning
“Free Video Tutorials for eLearning Professionals”
► eLearning Feeds
“The most recent article from the BEST eLearning Blogs and eLearning sites”
► eLearning Jobs
“The Leading Source for eLearning Jobs - Free eLearning Job posting”
► eLearning Ask
"An eLearning Questions and eLearning Answers discussions portal"
► eLearning Tags
"An eLearning social bookmarking service where you can discover, share, vote and discuss remarkable eLearning content."
He is also the Founder and Owner of the Instructional Design and eLearning Professionals’ Group (52K+) (http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=110953), which is the largest online community of professionals involved in the eLearning Industry at LinkedIn.
Christopher holds an MBA, and an M.Ed. (Learning Design) from BGSU.
If I can be valuable to you do not hesitate to contact me!Website: www.elearningindustry.com