12 Free iPad Apps for Learning the Human Anatomy
Teaching Human Anatomy With Free iPad Apps for Teachers and Parents
- 3D Brain - freeUse your touch screen to rotate and zoom around 29 interactive structures. Discover how each brain region functions, what happens when it is injured, and how it is involved in mental illness. Each detailed structure comes with information on functions, disorders, brain damage, case studies, and links to modern research
- 3D4Medical's Images - iPad Edition - freeThis app has been designed specifically for the iPad to showcase the high quality images developed by 3D4Medical.com. It contains over 200 medical images that can be displayed for presentation purposes, saved as wallpaper or shared with friends / colleagues.
- Clever Crazes You and Your Insides - freeA Fun Way to Explore Facts About Our Bodies! Great for Kids Grade K through 8! What Happens When Fun Games Are Mixed with Education? Kids Learn! Your kids will love these games, which are based on those from the popular clevercrazes.com They’ll earn real prizes! They’ll learn math and vocabulary skills! Most of all, they will have FUN!
- Essential Skeleton - freeEssential Skeleton 2 is a fully functional, self-contained app covering the essential anatomy of the skeleton. This app is being offered free to demonstrate the groundbreaking 3D technology and innovative design inherent in 3D4Medical's new range of apps. A cutting edge 3D graphics engine, custom built by 3D4Medical from the ground up, powers a highly-detailed anatomical model and delivers outstanding, quality graphics. It is a stand alone app and does not contain any In-App purchase requirements.
- Explore the Heart in 3D - freeHeart 3D is a learning activity which provides an immersive learning experience. You can learn about the structure and functions of human heart along with various factors affecting the normal functioning of the heart. With supporting text information and audio, along with “rotation” and “pinch to zoom” interactivities on the heart, it makes it much easier to visualize the human heart and understand its functioning.
- Glasses.com - free With glasses.com for iPad, you can virtually try on thousands of glasses and sunglasses to see how you look from any angle in photo-realistic 3D. Try on frames from Ray-Ban, Burberry, Oakley, Versace, Maui Jim, and more — scaled to fit your face correctly. All from your iPad.
- HeartDecide - freeHeartDecide teaches you about heart Anatomy, Conditions, best practices, Solutions and helps you Find a Specialist. HeartDecide is divided into four sections: Anatomy, Conditions, Solutions and Find a Specialist. Using medical images and annotations which are specific to each heart condition, the app describes each condition, shows what it looks like, discusses symptoms and findings, and gives treatment recommendations based on best practices.
- Living Lung - Lung Viewer - freeThe Living Lung™ is a real-time 3D medical education and patient communication tool, featuring incredibly detailed anatomical respiratory models. It is a member of a series of apps developed specifically for the iPad by a team of anatomists, certified medical illustrators, animators, and programmers using actual human CT imaging data, and the most accurate 3D modeling technology available.
- Nature Human Genome Special Edition - free The draft human genome sequence, announced in 2000 promised great insights into human biology, medicine and evolution. To celebrate the 10th anniversary, Nature has repackaged the Human Genome at Ten news special into a free iPad App.
- Solve the Outbreak - free Get clues, analyze data, solve the case, and save lives! In this fun app, you get to be the Disease Detective. Do you quarantine the village? Talk to people who are sick? Ask for more lab results? The better your answers, the higher your score - and the more quickly you’ll save lives. You’ll start out as a Trainee and can earn badges by solving cases, with the goal of earning the top rank: Disease Detective.
- Virtual Heart - freeVirtual Heart lets you explore multiple real-time views of the human heart, using the same highly realistic visual elements as the iconic Giant Heart at the Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago. This vibrant 13-foot-tall animated heart from MSI's YOU! The Experience is now also available in convenient iPad size.
- WebMD for iPad - free WebMD helps you with your decision-making and health improvement efforts by providing mobile access 24/7 to mobile-optimized health information and decision-support tools including WebMD’s Symptom Checker, Drugs & Treatments, First Aid Information and Local Health Listings. WebMD also gives you access to first aid information without having to be connected wirelessly – critical if you don’t have Internet access in the time of need. Personalize your app by saving drugs, conditions and articles relevant to you — through secure access and easy sign-in.