Few days ago we created The Ultimate list of Open Source Learning Management Systems. In this list you could find 18 open source learning management systems like Moodle, Totara LMS, Sakai, etc. For me it was not a surprise that Epignosis eFront LMS won the Best of Elearning! 2012 Award at the Best Open Source Solution category.
It wasn't a surprise that left to Moodle and Totara LMS the Award of Excellence. eFront is by far the best Open Source Learning Management System and it seems that several professionals involved in the eLearning industry have the same opinion. It worths mentioned that the recipients are chosen by Elearning! and Government Elearning! magazines’ reader community via an open-ended online ballot posted each summer at http://www.2elearning.com.
The Best of Elearning! award-winners were honored at the Enterprise Learning! Conference & Expo at the Hyatt Regency in Irvine, CA. Finalists in each category were honored with awards of excellence.
Athanasios Papagelis, the Founder and CTO of Epignosis said: “This award was the result of years of improvements to make eFront a top-class solution for organizations that need to train their people and customers around the globe. This is a happy moment for us and we appreciate all our customers who trust in us for their elearning endeavors,".
Also, each honoree will be featured in the 2012 Best of Elearning! Awards December issues of Elearning! and Government Elearning! Magazines and can be downloaded at http://www.2elearning.com. To view the 2012 Best of Elearning! Award Recipients go to http://yhoo.it/SSImHj.
Established in 2003, Epignosis is a member of the Virtual Trip entrepreneurial ecosystem of high-tech companies and eFront is Epignosis’ flagship product. Focused on the international market, the eFront distribution and support network is present in 25 countries through a network of over 50 value added resellers.
eFront (efrontlearning.net) is a next generation learning and training platform with an intuitive user interface and superior social and enterprise functionality. The platform satisfies modern training requirements by combining a clean, web-based interface with customizability, functionality and ease-of-use.
The 2012 Best of Elearning! Award Recipients Are:
- Best Learning Management System (SaaS, Open-Source, or Content Supplier) – Winner: Zenler Online. Award of Excellence to: Articulate Online, BizLibrary CompanyCollege LMS, Docebo Cloud, ePath Learning ASAP, Epignosis LTD eFront Enterprise LMS
- Best Learning Management System (Enterprise-based) - Winners: SumTotal Systems TotalLMS and Meridian Knowledge Solutions Global LMS. Award of Excellence to: NetDimensions Learning, Saba Software LearningSuite
- Best Learning Content Management System - Winner: eXact learning LCMS. Award of Excellence to: SumTotal Systems LCMS, Xyleme, Inc LCMS
- Best Talent Management System – Winner: Cornerstone OnDemand. Award of Excellence to: SuccessFactors BizX Suite, Oracle Learn/Taleo, SumTotal Systems Total Talent Management.
- Best I.T. Content - Winner: Skillsoft IT Library. Awards of Excellence: Lynda.com Software Library, Safari Books Online
- Best Leadership Development Program - Winners: eCornell Leadership, Skillsoft Leadership Advantage Series. Award of Excellence to: Harvard Business Publishing ManageMentor
- Best Soft Skills Content - Winner: BizLibrary Streaming Video Library. Award of Excellence: eCornell HR Management and FranklinCovey 7 Habits Series.
- Best Compliance/Certification Program - Winner: Vubiz Compliance Courses. Award of Excellence: Global Learning Systems Security Awareness Essential and NetLearning Compliance Series.
- Best Sales Training - Winners: BizLibrary, EJ4 Sales Training Library. Award of Excellence to: Achieve Global Sales Effectiveness
- Best Rapid Development Tool - Winner: Zenler Studio Lite. Award of Excellence to: Articulate Studio Suite and ReadyGo WCB
- Best E-learning Development Tool - Winner: Articulate Storyline. Award of Excellence to: Zenler Studio Pro, Trivantis Lectora, Adobe eLearning Suite
- Best Simulation Tool - Winner: Zenler Studio Pro. Award of Excellence to: Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline
- Best Video Capture, Production, Publishing Solution – Winners: Brainshark, Techsmith Camtasia. Award of Excellence to: Sonic Foundry
- Best Assessment Tool – Winner: Zenler Studio Pro. Award of Excellence to: Articulate Quizmaker, ReadyGo WCB
- Best Social Learning Solution - Winner: Interactyx Topyx. Award of Excellence to: Cornerstone OnDemand Connect, Microsoft Yammer
- Best Mobile Authoring Solution - Winner: Articulate Storyline. Award of Excellence to: Adobe Captivate, ReadyGo WCB
- Best Presentation Tool - Winner: Articulate Presenter Award of Excellence to: Adobe Presenter, Brainshark Slideshark, Prezi
- Best Web Seminar Solution - Winners: Adobe Connect, Cisco Webex Meeting Center. Award of Excellence to: Blackboard Collaborate, Citrix Online GoToWebinar
- Best Virtual Classroom – Winners: Adobe Connect. Award of Excellence: Blackboard Collaborate, Cisco WebEx Training Center, Citrix GotoTraining
- Best Mobile Application - Winner: Articulate Mobile. Award of Excellence to: Brainshark Mobile, NetDimensions mEKP
- Best Open Source Solutions - Winner: Epignosis eFront LMS. Award of Excellence to: Moodle LMS, Totara LMS
Elearning! Media Group is owned by B2B Media Company LLC. Elearning! Media Group consists of 13 media products: Elearning! magazine, Government Elearning! magazine, e-magazines, e-mail newsletters, Alerts, Web sites, Enterprise Learning! Summit, Expo & Conference. Elearning! Media Group serves the $160 billion enterprise and government learning markets. In combination, these brands reach more than 2 million executives, practitioners and professionals — all evaluating, deploying or implementing learning and workplace technologies across their organizations each year. To learn more, visit http://www.2elearning.com and http://www.gov.2elearning.com
- The Ultimate list of Open Source Learning Management Systems
- open source lms
- the best open source lms
- eFront LMS the Best Open Source Solution
- Best of Elearning! 2012 Award
- Athanasios Papagelis
- the Founder of Epignosis
- The 2012 Best of Elearning! Award Recipients Are
- About Epignosis and eFront
- eFront LMS
- Elearning! Media Group
- Totara LMS
- Virtual Trip entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Zenler Online
- SumTotal Systems
- eXact learning LCMS
- Cornerstone OnDemand
- Skillsoft IT Library
- eCornell Leadership
- BizLibrary Streaming Video Library
- Vubiz Compliance Courses
- Zenler Studio Lite
- articulate storyline
- Zenler Studio Pro
- Techsmith Camtasia
- Interactyx Topyx
- articulate presenter
- Adobe Connect
- Cisco Webex Meeting Center
Founder, eLearning Industry
The eLearning Industry runs the following sites:
► The eLearning Industry (http://www.elearningindustry.com) “The Leading Source for Professionals Involved in the eLearning Industry” (November 2012)
► Viva eLearning (http://vivaelearning.com) “Free Video Tutorials for eLearning Professionals” (December 2012)
► eLearning Feeds (http://elearningfeeds.com/) “The most recent article from the BEST eLearning Blogs and eLearning sites” (March 2013)
► eLearning Jobs (http://elearningjobs.com/) “The Leading Source for eLearning Jobs” (May 2013)
► eLearning Ask (http://elearningask.com/) "An eLearning Questions and eLearning Answers discussions portal" (May 2013)
Currently, the eLearning Industry has a network of more than 75,000 professionals involved in the eLearning Industry.
He is also the Founder and Owner of the Instructional Design and eLearning Professionals’ Group (46K+) (http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=110953), which is the largest online community of professionals involved in the eLearning Industry at LinkedIn.
Christopher holds an MBA, and an M.Ed. (Learning Design) from BGSU and currently works as project manager at http://www.learn-e-pedia.gr S.A. (Antenna Group of Companies), which is the largest interactive learning platform from Greek-speaking students and learners across the Globe.Website: www.elearningindustry.com