The 5 Best Free Cartoon Making Tools for Teachers
How To Use The 5 Best Free Cartoon Making Tools for Teachers
- Chogger About Chogger Chogger is a simple, but fun comic creation tool. It allows users to import their own pictures and publish a comic anonymously or under a username.How to Use ChoggerClick the link above and visit Chogger’s site. Once there, click the green “Build a Comic Now” button to the top left of the screen. When you do this, the Chogger Comic Strip Creator will be opened in a pop-up window. First, choose a layout for your comic. Use the left side of the creator to add images by searching Google, taking a photo, drawing, or uploading an image. Choose your method, edit the image with the tools to the left of the creator, and then click “Add Image.” Now drag and drop your image to your desired location in order to add it to the comic.Add text to your comic by clicking on the text bubble at the top left of the screen. Choose which type of ballon/box you would like to add, then drag and drop it into your desired location. After you drag and drop the text tool, you may resize, format, and edit the text within it. Edit the layout or add a new panel to your comic by clicking the windowpane icon to the top left of the screen. Repeat the process of adding text and images until you are satisfied with your comic, and then click the green “Finish” button to the top right of the screen. Give your comic a title, description, hover text, and tags if you desire, then click “Publish Comic.” Chogger will provide you with a link to your comic so you can show it off! Note that these directions lead to a creation of a comic anonymously. However, you are able to create an account with Chogger in order to publish a comic under a username, rather than anonymously.
- Toondoo About Toondoo ToonDoo is a comic cartoon creator that allows users to choose from a wide variety of art in order to create completely original cartoons.How to Use ToondooClick the link above to visit ToonDoo’s site. Once there, locate the red button to the top right of the screen that reads “Sign Up for FREE!” and click it. While you are able to sign up for ToonDooSpaces, note that it is not free. Thus, this guide will focus on regular Toondoo. So click the “Sign up for Toondoo” button. You will now be directed to a page that asks for a username, password, and email ID; enter these things and click the blue “Register” button.After this, you will be redirected to ToonDoo’s sign in page; sign in with your username and password. You will now be directed to ToonDoo’s homepage. Mouse over the “Toons” tab and click “Create Toon.” First, select your desired layout. You will now be taken to the ToonDoo Creator.At the left of the Creator, you are able to choose characters, backgrounds, props, texts, special effects, clipart, and images from your gallery. At the bottom of the Creator, you are able to lock, shrink, enlarge, clone, flip, rotate, layer, and delete images in your comic. You are also able to add doodles, create an avatar, and upload images from the Internet or your computer. Use these features to add text, images, and effects to your comic until you have created something you can be proud of. Then mouse over the “ToonDoo Start here” tab in the top left of the screen and click “Save.” Decide whether you want to keep your cartoon private, share it with friends, or share it with the world! Then add a title, description and tags and click “Publish.”
- Kerpoof Storybook About Kerpoof Storybook Kerpoof is a simple cartoon story creator that is best suited for a younger audience. It allows users to create stories that look professionally done, with minimal effort.How to Use Kerpoof StorybookClick the link above and visit Kerpoof’s homepage. Once there, locate the green “Tell a Story” button to the right of the screen. Click it and then choose a storyline. At the bottom left of the Story Creator, you will find blue boxes that correspond to characters, backgrounds, props, and dialogue boxes. Clicking these boxes enables you to scroll through various characters, backgrounds, props, and types of dialogue boxes. In order to add these elements to your story, either click or drag and drop them in the desired location. Add text to your story by moving your cursor over the “Type Here” text and clicking. At the bottom right of the Story Creator, you will find tools that allow you to draw, erase, add paint, drag and drop, and choose a color. At the bottom of the Story Creator, in the middle of the screen you will find tools that allow you to change the thickness, and type of line that you are able to draw.Utilize all of these tools to create a story that is truly unique. Once you are satisfied with your work, click the blue “Save” button at the top right of the screen. At this point, you must either log in with an existing Kerpoof account or quickly create a new account by clicking the blue “Sign Up!” button. At this point, a window will appear that enables you to save your story by clicking the “Save Your Scene” button. To finish working on your story, click the “Done” button at the top of the screen.
- Pixton About Pixton Pixton is a comic-creation service that allows users to create truly customizable comics.How to Use PixtonClick the link above and visit Pixton’s site. Once there, locate the blue “Explore Now” button to the left of the page. Note that you are able to sign up for Pixton for Schools. However, that product is not free. Thus, this guide will focus on using Pixton for Fun. After you are directed to a new page showing off some of the comics created by Pixton users, locate the blue “Sign Up” button at the top right of the screen and click it. Provide the required information and complete the creation of your account.After creating your account, you will be directed to your home page. To begin, click the yellow “Create a Character” button. Scroll through the characters until you find one that you like, and then click him/her. You will now go through ten steps to create your character. Select a preference for your character’s appearance during each step and click the blue arrow to the right of the screen to move on to the next step. Once you have completed the last step, click the blue “Save and Continue” button at the top right of the screen. Now you will be able to create your comic. First, choose a comic format and click “Create.” Next, choose a layout and click “Select.” Now click the panel you wish to edit. Use the icons to the right of the panel to add characters, speech bubbles, props, and backgrounds. Use the icons at the bottom of the panel to edit the appearance of the panel itself.Utilize these tools and create your comic. When you are done creating your comic, scroll to the bottom of the screen and click the blue “Save and Continue” button. You will be prompted to enter your account settings; do this and then click “Save Changes.” Check the inbox of the email you provided and click the verification link within. You will now be redirected to your home page. Click the yellow “Publish Your Comic” button, give your comic a title, and click “Publish Now!”
- Make Beliefs Comix About Make Beliefs Comix Make Beliefs Comix is a comic creator that allows users to create and print simple comics with a classic look.How to Use Make Beliefs ComixClick the link above and visit the Make Beliefs Comix website. Once there, locate the “Start Here” button and click it. You will now be taken to the Comix Creator. Below the comic panels you will find everything that you can add to your comic, such as: characters, objects and scenes, thought balloons, and panel prompts. Click these items to make them appear in the selection window, then click them again in order to add them to your comic. Note that you are able to scroll through different items by using the red arrows beneath the selection window. You are also able to change the panel color and number of panels at the bottom right of the Comix Creator. Use the toolbar to the left of the Creator to move, scale, delete, flip, or bring objects to the front of the comic. Once you are satisfied with your comic, locate the “Print/Email” button to the left of the screen and click it in order to save your work via Email or paper document.
Free Educational Technology
Using cartoons in the classroom can be a great way to get students’ attention or allow them to express their creative side. Use these 5 Best Free Cartoon Making Tools for Teachers in order to utilize cartoons as effectively as possible in your classroom.