Free Web Conferencing Tools
Editor's note: We have originally written and published this article in February 2013. Thanks to your useful suggestions and our own following of the latest developments in the fast paced field of technology, we have updated this piece in November 2015 in the hope that you will keep finding it useful. Thank you for sharing!
With the following free web conferencing tools you will be able to share your screen, record your meetings, collaborate in real time and much more. The following list is in alphabetical order. Enjoy!
BigBlueButton enables universities and colleges to deliver a high-quality learning experience to remote students.
- Google Hangouts
Would you like to see, hear, and share information to your online learners? With Google Hangouts you can have a video group chat for up to 10 people for free! It is a powerful tool much better than a web chat.
The free version of Join.me allows you to hold an unlimited number of meetings with up to 10 participants per meeting (one organizer plus 9 viewers) using up to five video streams. You can chat with participants, transfer files, join the audio part of any meeting by internet (VoIP), and allow participants to control your computer.
Host up to 10 webinar attendees for free with no ads; forever! Instantly share your screen with anybody. It works with iPhones, iPads, and Android Phones. You’ll also get analytics for your meetings so that you can see how your guests interact with your content.
100% free for one user and 3 participants per session, Mikogo allows for having online meetings, giving a presentation, or providing remote support. Sign up today and see how simple online meetings can be!
Meetings can be conducted either in conjunction with an enterprise’s existing teleconferencing service, or utilizing WebHuddle’s optional voice over IP.
- Zoho Meeting
100% free for one host and one participant, Zoho Meeting allows for unlimited meetings and duration, desktop sharing, multi platform support, instant and schedule meetings, and instant messaging. Get started with online meetings, and start sharing your desktop to anyone, anywhere, at any time.
Zoom is free for unlimited number meetings up to 50 participants (duration of 40 minutes per meeting), video conferencing, web conferencing, and group collaboration. The free version also offers security, user management, and online support.
You may also find the following lists of tools useful:
- 21 Free Digital Storytelling Tools For Teachers and Students
- List of 13 Free Sticky Notes Tools for Teachers and Students
- 14 Best Online Bibliography and Citation Tools
- 28 Free Social Bookmarking Tools for educators
- List of 15 Free Google Tools for eLearning Professionals
- 23 Microsoft Free Teaching Tools for Educators
- List of 18 Free Tools to Create Infographics for your Learners
- 15 Social Learning Tools Every Online Educator Should Know About
- List of 17 Free Screen Capturing Tools
- 15 Free Podcast Tools
- Ultimate List of 34 Free Music for eLearning Development
- 27 Free Survey Polls Quizzes Tools for eLearning
- List of 32 Free Photo and Image Editing Tools
- 15 Free Testing and Quizzing Tools for Online Education
- List of 72 Free Storyboard Templates for eLearning
- 19 Free Text To Speech tools for Educators