The Ultimate list of Open Source Learning Management Systems
17 Open Source Learning Management Systems
- .LRN's LMS by .LRN .LRN's LMS is a customizable learning portal that can be customized to fit the needs of the individual learner. Whether you are a corporation or a smaller education community, .LRN's LMS can be scaled to meet your learning needs.
- ATutor's LMS by ATutor ATutor is an OpenSource LMS. Users have created add-ons to ATutor LMS such as AContent, a content management system and ATutor Social, a networking component.
- BusinessLMS by LMS Global A full-featured Open Source LMS for businesses. Claims to be SCORM 1.2 con-formant.
- Canvas CV by Instructure Inc. An open source LMS that is free for instructors.
- Caucus by Caucus Caucus is an Open-Source eLearning platform that focuses on learner interaction and conversation to motivate learning. Caucus combines the traditional functions of a LMS, reporting, tracking and delivery functions, and keeps the learner engaged by adding the element of constant conversations between peers.
- Chamilo's LMS by Chamilo Association Chamilo is a open-source LMS that has features that allow users to easily create content. Chamilo allows offers tools that allow for all different learning styles.
- eFront by Epignosis A SCORM 2004 4th ed. LMS. Open Source with the ability to pay for increased functionality.
- Ganesha LMS by Anema A French, open-source LMS that supports AICC, SCORM 1.2 and SCORM 2004.
- ILIAS by ILIAS ILIAS is an Open-Source LMS that allows users to create, manage and track learning delivered. Claims to support SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004 and AICC standards.
- LatitudeLearning by Latitude Consulting Group (Latitude CG) A full-featured LMS with pricing options from free to paid. Latitude's suite of products provides an easily accessible content library. The LMS claims to be SCORM conformant.
- Metastudy by Metacoon Metastudy is an Open-Source LMS that provides users with tools to produce, deliver and track their learning. Metastudy can be integrated with other Metacoon products, such as MetaAlumni to establish networks.
- Moodle by Moodle Pty Ltd Open source LMS with a full kit of features. Supports SCORM 1.2 and AICC, but 3rd party add-ons can expand the interoperability standards and features for Moodle.
- OLAT LMS by OLAT (Online Learning and Training) A popular Open Source LMS that supports SCORM 1.2, IMS LTI/QTI.
- rSmart Sakai CLE by rSmart rSmart takes the elegance of Sakai up a notch by adding additional enhancements and elements to the core CLE. Many of these enhancements are even shared back with the Sakai community at large. Notable features of the rSmart Sakai CLE include hosted web conferencing, integrated SCORM support via SCORM Cloud, improved internationalization options and greater security.
- Sakai CLE by The Sakai Foundation A full-featured learning environment. Supports SCORM 1.2/2004 through the use of add-on features.
- Sakai OAE by The Sakai Foundation A full-featured LMS designed for academic institutions. Supports SCORM 1.2/2004 through add-on features.
- Totara LMS by Totara Learning Solutions A corporate distribution of Moodle. Claims support for SCORM 1.2 and AICC.
You may also find useful:Authoring Tools
- Free Authoring Tools for eLearning - 13 Authoring Tools
- The Ultimate List of Cloud-Based Content Authoring Tools
- List of Authoring Tools: Part 1 - 50 Authoring Tools
- List of Authoring Tools: Part 2 - 40 Authoring Tools
- List of Authoring Tools: Part 3 - 37 Authoring Tools
Learning Management Systems